Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sofreshsoclean

Never eat McDonald's

Seriously I had McDonald's yesterday and not only did I feel like shit for the rest of the day, I woke up with like 3 new cysts. I have been good about my diet, this was the first time I've had fast food in over 2 months but man do I regret it. I'm just lettin you all know, never eat McDonald's (or any other fast food for that matter).

Seriously I had McDonald's yesterday and not only did I feel like shit for the rest of the day, I woke up with like 3 new cysts. I have been good about my diet, this was the first time I've had fast food in over 2 months but man do I regret it. I'm just lettin you all know, never eat McDonald's (or any other fast food for that matter).

EW mickey d's is gross... it's probably the trans fats.... YEUCK. :( sorry you broke out.

there is no "moderation" with junk food if you are serious about improving your skin

I tend to agree. However, I notice that I can tolerate different types of junk food but not others if that makes any sense :wacko:. For example, I may have a couple bags of potato chips and feel fine an hour later but if I eat really greasy foods with lots of saturated fat or even just a plain chocolate bar I get this sluggish feeling and disgusting sensation.. I can't explain it..

if fast food really does cause u to break out, it would take some time... those three cysts couldn't have been caused by mcdonalds you ate the previous day.

i dunno, i eat fast food and i sometimes get a pimple or two a few days later, but not always. no idea if they're correlated.

I dont think it affects my skin but it definitely affects my stomach and other parts that I will refrain from sharing. :lol:

I think you are making a mistake here, you argue that by eating Mcdonald's food, cystic acne emerged the next day.

However, if you hadn't had Mcdonald's food, probability suggests you still would have gotten the cysts. Cystic acne takes awhile to develop (from early stages to the latter). The acne would have started to develop prior to you eating the food, thus, the cysts were already there, just in the baby stages.

Just because of event A doesn't always cause event B, since correlation isn't necessarily causation.

I think you are making a mistake here, you argue that by eating Mcdonald's food, cystic acne emerged the next day.

However, if you hadn't had Mcdonald's food, probability suggests you still would have gotten the cysts. Cystic acne takes awhile to develop (from early stages to the latter). The acne would have started to develop prior to you eating the food, thus, the cysts were already there, just in the baby stages.

Just because of event A doesn't always cause event B, since correlation isn't necessarily causation.

ah i dont eat mcdonalds either, i just dont eat it for general health concern. down here in aus now theres 9 tick approved meals which means theyre apparently GOOD FOR YOU, as stated by the heart foundation. wtf... maccaz.. good for u? :wacko: anyway, i havent had maccaz since early november last year, and counting. and i only had to eat it then because i kinda had to, i was starving, and only maccaz was available. prior to that, i hadnt had it for about 3 or 4 months easily. i gotta admit, maccaz tastes AWESOME! i dont really notice junkfood breaking me out, but maybe it does, i just dont notice it, coz i break out anyway :P .

Guest T-Virus
ah i dont eat mcdonalds either, i just dont eat it for general health concern. down here in aus now theres 9 tick approved meals which means theyre apparently GOOD FOR YOU, as stated by the heart foundation. wtf... maccaz.. good for u? :wacko: anyway, i havent had maccaz since early november last year, and counting. and i only had to eat it then because i kinda had to, i was starving, and only maccaz was available. prior to that, i hadnt had it for about 3 or 4 months easily. i gotta admit, maccaz tastes AWESOME! i dont really notice junkfood breaking me out, but maybe it does, i just dont notice it, coz i break out anyway :P .

the heart and stroke foundations put their "stamp of approval (too lazy to remember exact name)" on so many unhealthy processed foods you can find in an average supermarket that i am convinced that they are in bed with the pharmaceutical companies

you want healthy food in a supermarket? here's an idea, stay the hell away from EVERYTHING except the very outer regions of the store

yea, i dont think the food is whats makin u break out. it could be how your body reacts to certain chemicals in the food or ingredients they use. i dont remember breaking out because of wut i eat, but a healthy diet would be great to have.

the heart and stroke foundations put their "stamp of approval (too lazy to remember exact name)" on so many unhealthy processed foods you can find in an average supermarket that i am convinced that they are in bed with the pharmaceutical companies

you want healthy food in a supermarket? here's an idea, stay the hell away from EVERYTHING except the very outer regions of the store