Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Do you ever look back on your life....

Do you ever look back on your life when you didnt have acne and think of it as someone else's life? I got acne when I was 19 almost 20... I was CLEAR pretty much my whole teenage life.... I was SUCH a different person... I look back at myself and long to be that person again... Confident, happy, CAREFREE... I didnt care where I slept or if I washed my face.... this was the LAST thing on my mind.

I used to stay out till 7 in the morning and sleep where ever I could... house parties, my boyfriend's house, a friend's house... I would get drunk and not worry about how it was going to affect my skin... I ate whatever I wanted to (which I think might have caused some of my acne, I ate so much crap). I would go swimming in the ocean, I surfed, layed in the sun (BAD I know).

When I went to Australia I had the TIME of my life... I was 18 running around on the beach confident in my bikini and seriously having SO much fun.... that place is amazing by the way hahaha. Anyway NOW I WILL NOT go in the sun, I HAVE to wash my face before bed and go to sleep at a decent hour. I barely drink because I fear breaking out from it.... I wouldnt be caught dead in a bikini cause I have lost so much weight (cause I'm afraid to eat certain things) I feel like a sick skeleton. I used to look in the mirror and love what I saw, now I cant look in the mirror for more than 5 seconds without wanting to cry my eyes out. And I WILL NOT let a guy see me without makeup... I dont even like going out anymore to bars because I feel gross...

I cant help but look back at who I was and be jealous of her LOL... I feel like I have been seriously punished for something... I cry alot because I dont understand why things have to be like this... maybe it is to learn a lesson... maybe it's to make me stronger... but I have been too close to seriously breaking down and wanting to die so many times that it just seems cruel. Does anyone have any experiences like this? Do you ever look back and wish you could be that person again? Gawd... what I wouldnt give...

thanks for rubbing it in :doubt: lol jk

ive pretty much had acne since i hit puberty, so for me to say if i remember the good times, that was back when i was watching saturday morning cartoons in my pj's.

ive pretty much had acne since i hit puberty, so for me to say if i remember the good times, that was back when i was watching saturday morning cartoons in my pj's.

same

:cry: :comfort: capt

:( I'm sorry I didnt mean to "rub" anything in, I was just trying to tell everyone how I feel about my life now compared to how it used to be... I have so many friends who still have the life that I used to have and I'm not even close with them anymore cause they think I've changed too much and that I've turned into an "old lady"... funny how I see things so differently now... I get annoyed with them wanting to party all the time.

I feel bad now... I dont mean to make anyone feel bad :(

One of my friends has had acne since puberty and she has WAY more fun than me!! I just dont know how to deal with it I guess....

Guest Sincerely Me

You can't walk backwards into the future. I never think about those things because you only have the present and the future and you can change what will happen with the actions you take now. Who I was made me who I am, but on the big scheme of things, it is irrelevant. I know it sucks to be one way one day and then all of the sudden things and circumstances change, and that change doesn't mean you can't ever be the same. If you are doing something to treat your acne, then you are headed in the right direction. Acne is not a punishment, nor is it a test. Acne is just what happens to a lot of people, and either it goes away on it's own, and if not, that is the great thing about living in a place with so many options for you. The real test doesn't lie in the acne, but how you deal and cope with the struggle of acne. It will get better, all you need to do is take steps to help it along.

You can't walk backwards into the future. I never think about those things because you only have the present and the future and you can change what will happen with the actions you take now. Who I was made me who I am, but on the big scheme of things, it is irrelevant. I know it sucks to be one way one day and then all of the sudden things and circumstances change, and that change doesn't mean you can't ever be the same. If you are doing something to treat your acne, then you are headed in the right direction. Acne is not a punishment, nor is it a test. Acne is just what happens to a lot of people, and either it goes away on it's own, and if not, that is the great thing about living in a place with so many options for you. The real test doesn't lie in the acne, but how you deal and cope with the struggle of acne. It will get better, all you need to do is take steps to help it along.

I know you're right... I cant be looking back all the time... I know I have learned alot because of acne for sure :) I have learned to be healthy! I really am gratefull for that... but other than that... it SUCKS hahaha... I need to start being stronger. Thanks :)

:( I'm sorry I didnt mean to "rub" anything in, I was just trying to tell everyone how I feel about my life now compared to how it used to be... I have so many friends who still have the life that I used to have and I'm not even close with them anymore cause they think I've changed too much and that I've turned into an "old lady"... funny how I see things so differently now... I get annoyed with them wanting to party all the time.

One of my friends has had acne since puberty and she has WAY more fun than me!! I just dont know how to deal with it I guess....

just a quick question, were you ever one of those ppl that took your skin for granted and thought less of ppl with acne (made fun of them or w/e) and if you were have you learned a lesson by getting acne?

cause thats how i feel at times, sometimes im thankful for acne cause it shows me that not everyone is perfect and to make fun of someone for how they look isnt fair.

Guest Sincerely Me
I need to start being stronger. Thanks :)

It's hard to get strength, and I understand that. And I wish I could say there is a surefire way to get it, but I can't. You can use your anger and sadness or whatever the case may be to do whatever you can to feel better about you. What are you doing for your acne now?

I'm sorry I didnt mean to "rub" anything in, I was just trying to tell everyone how I feel about my life now compared to how it used to be

You have nothing to be sorry about, that guy is being a sneaky ass by trying to make you feel bad because he had acne before you did. Where the logic is found here? you tell me.

just a quick question, were you ever one of those ppl that took your skin for granted and thought less of ppl with acne (made fun of them or w/e) and if you were have you learned a lesson by getting acne?

One word: therapy.

I'm sorry I didnt mean to "rub" anything in, I was just trying to tell everyone how I feel about my life now compared to how it used to be

You have nothing to be sorry about, that guy is being a sneaky ass by trying to make you feel bad because he had acne before you did. Where the logic is found here? you tell me.

One word: therapy.

...wow you are a lost cause

cause thats how i feel at times, sometimes im thankful for acne cause it shows me that not everyone is perfect and to make fun of someone for how they look isnt fair.

Actually I DID take my skin for granted, but I NEVER looked down on people with acne... it was weird actually, I used to get frustrated when I saw people with acne because I thought it was so unfair to them... and I still think the same way when I see it... only NOW I suffer with it too. But yeah I used to treat my skin like crap... took it for granted WAY too much :doubt:

I need to start being stronger. Thanks :)

It's hard to get strength, and I understand that. And I wish I could say there is a surefire way to get it, but I can't. You can use your anger and sadness or whatever the case may be to do whatever you can to feel better about you. What are you doing for your acne now?

Yes it is hard to get... I'm not doing much for my acne... I'm trying the gentle approach gentle cleaning and lotion... I take B5 and fish oil capsules... I DONT know if any of it is helping me! It's frustrating.

Atleast there was a cause to begin with.

i wasnt even trying to be a "sneaky ass" and make tdot feel bad smart ass i was trying to ask her a question.

Atleast there was a cause to begin with.

i wasnt even trying to be a "sneaky ass" and make tdot feel bad smart ass i was trying to ask her a question.

It's all good guys....

Do you ever look back on your life when you didnt have acne and think of it as someone else's life? I got acne when I was 19 almost 20... I was CLEAR pretty much my whole teenage life.... I was SUCH a different person... I look back at myself and long to be that person again... Confident, happy, CAREFREE... I didnt care where I slept or if I washed my face.... this was the LAST thing on my mind.

I used to stay out till 7 in the morning and sleep where ever I could... house parties, my boyfriend's house, a friend's house... I would get drunk and not worry about how it was going to affect my skin... I ate whatever I wanted to (which I think might have caused some of my acne, I ate so much crap). I would go swimming in the ocean, I surfed, layed in the sun (BAD I know).

When I went to Australia I had the TIME of my life... I was 18 running around on the beach confident in my bikini and seriously having SO much fun.... that place is amazing by the way hahaha. Anyway NOW I WILL NOT go in the sun, I HAVE to wash my face before bed and go to sleep at a decent hour. I barely drink because I fear breaking out from it.... I wouldnt be caught dead in a bikini cause I have lost so much weight (cause I'm afraid to eat certain things) I feel like a sick skeleton. I used to look in the mirror and love what I saw, now I cant look in the mirror for more than 5 seconds without wanting to cry my eyes out. And I WILL NOT let a guy see me without makeup... I dont even like going out anymore to bars because I feel gross...

I cant help but look back at who I was and be jealous of her LOL... I feel like I have been seriously punished for something... I cry alot because I dont understand why things have to be like this... maybe it is to learn a lesson... maybe it's to make me stronger... but I have been too close to seriously breaking down and wanting to die so many times that it just seems cruel. Does anyone have any experiences like this? Do you ever look back and wish you could be that person again? Gawd... what I wouldnt give...

yup i'm pretty much the same, my acne started screwing up around about 16 (now 20) and before then i was so much happier. it's like you said, you feel like a different person now. i never used to care about my skin at all really back then. i sometimes wonder whether all the constant worrying about what i'm gonna eat, drink, wash, how i treat my skin, etc, is what made my acne get worse. who knows :shrug:. I just try not to think about the past that much anymore cause it just depresses me even more lol.

Look to the future tdot. :)

yup i'm pretty much the same, my acne started screwing up around about 16 (now 20) and before then i was so much happier. it's like you said, you feel like a different person now. i never used to care about my skin at all really back then. i sometimes wonder whether all the constant worrying about what i'm gonna eat, drink, wash, how i treat my skin, etc, is what made my acne get worse. who knows :shrug:. I just try not to think about the past that much anymore cause it just depresses me even more lol.

Look to the future tdot. :)

LOL the future scares the crap outta me.. i think that's why i do this to myself...

No because I never had what you once had. I woulnd't worry though. Things will turn around for you. I'm sure your skin will be clear again. Maybe if you try accutane it will help.

No because I never had what you once had. I woulnd't worry though. Things will turn around for you. I'm sure your skin will be clear again. Maybe if you try accutane it will help.

I hope we can all have complete happiness one day... I do pray for everyone here everynight... I know some people dont believe in God, but sometimes prayer really does make you feel better... I cry to God all the time hahahaha... I'm not really religious, I just feel like it's what I need to do.

I hope we can all have complete happiness one day... I do pray for everyone here everynight... I know some people dont believe in God, but sometimes prayer really does make you feel better... I cry to God all the time hahahaha... I'm not really religious, I just feel like it's what I need to do.

You don't need to believe in God in order to pray. Prayer can just be a hope for the future, or a plea for a better today. I think many of us pray to a certain extent. It helps. I'm sure you'll find yourself happy again and your prayers will be answered. Maybe not by God, but by the fact you are a good person and that will rewarded, eventually.

Guest Kimmay

Yea I look at old pics and think, "If I turned back time and lived my life any differently would things still be as they are?????? would they be better??"

Yea I look at old pics and think, "If I turned back time and lived my life any differently would things still be as they are?????? would they be better??"

I know exactly what you mean. I've bad acne since was 14 and In a nut shell it has dictated my life up to this point.(I'm 21 now) I haven't had a job in 2 years beacuse of my skin and a severe lack of confidence and have always had excuses for not going out with friends. I am on accutane for the fifth time now and although it is 'bearable' my face is still a minefield of crap. Comnfidence is still really low and it's almost as if I have developed a fear for being in places with large groups of people. It's not a good situation.

I know exactly what you mean. I've bad acne since was 14 and In a nut shell it has dictated my life up to this point.(I'm 21 now) I haven't had a job in 2 years beacuse of my skin and a severe lack of confidence and have always had excuses for not going out with friends. I am on accutane for the fifth time now and although it is 'bearable' my face is still a minefield of crap. Comnfidence is still really low and it's almost as if I have developed a fear for being in places with large groups of people. It's not a good situation.

It seems you and I have a lot in common :-\

sometimes i feel like throwing the towel, i now its not possible but i would give everything i have to go back 2 years ago when i didnt care about my skin but every time i think about it i feel more depressed and everytime i look at the pics from H.S. i feel the same. i'm 21 now and i will fight it (1st week on accutane) and hopefully one day i'll look back and this will help me become a better person(not shallow), and help someone thats going through this, just remember that the most important thing is who we are, our identity, and not how we look. hope u do good tdot. ciao