Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearskinismine

EM VS. AN - for women (or people) of colour.

Ok, so i received my sample kits from bothe EM and AN. I ordered 6 foundation samples from AN and 3 from EM and I am pleased to announce that WM took the cake.

I was able to mix medium beige summer and medium tan to create the perfect colour from EM's samples.

I am dissapointed to say that AN's "tan" foundations are really for white people who may have gotten a tan (and by tan i mean, a touch of sun , not a regular user of tanning facilities).

So for women of colour i suggest going with EM. But the blush samples i got from AN (sorbet and dusty rose) are very nice as well.

As for the problem with the AN foundations, they were definitely the right tone (yellow and brown undertones) but just waaay to light.

Ok, so i received my sample kits from bothe EM and AN. I ordered 6 foundation samples from AN and 3 from EM and I am pleased to announce that WM took the cake.

I was able to mix medium beige summer and medium tan to create the perfect colour from EM's samples.

I am dissapointed to say that AN's "tan" foundations are really for white people who may have gotten a tan (and by tan i mean, a touch of sun , not a regular user of tanning facilities).

So for women of colour i suggest going with EM. But the blush samples i got from AN (sorbet and dusty rose) are very nice as well.

As for the problem with the AN foundations, they were definitely the right tone (yellow and brown undertones) but just waaay to light.

I might mention that Meow Cosmetics has a massive color selection, some in very dark shades, if anyone with a darker complexion is looking for another brand to try.

I'm pale, but I find EM to have fantastic colors too. They are sooo natural.

EM - Everyday Minerals

AN - Aubrey Nicole

These are 2 brands of mineral makeup. You can only order from them online.

Everyday Minerals

Aubrey Nicole

I use Everyday Minerals, and i love it! Lots of people like Aubrey Nicole too. Both great brands!

Here is the EM's foundation page. They have great colour foundations for dark skin :)http://everydayminerals.com/g?t=foundations

Really? I thought AN ran on the darker side because I wear medium 1 in Joppa and medium beige in EM, but I'm a light with AN. If anything I thought they don't have enough light colors.

Thanks `tash.

Have just ordered a free sample kit from Everyday Minerals.

Decided the Aubrey Nicole range probably isn't worth me bothering with based on gagan's review.

I'm so glad someone posted this!! I've been itching to try some mineral makeup and was pretty swayed by AN... but uh... I have color! In which case EM is the way to go. Now if only the remainding foundation that I have (which I promised myself I would finish) would magically disappear...