Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sverd

How long between pills?

I'm on 2x 40mg, and if I take the first one at 8am and the second one at 5:15pm, is that too close together to be most effective?

it's fine, it doesn't really matter how far apart the pills are like some medications, just as long as you get them into your system. it works cumulatively.

I'm on 2x 40mg, and if I take the first one at 8am and the second one at 5:15pm, is that too close together to be most effective?

so it's allright if I take them both at the same time, after my biggest meal?

yeah... i have 3 at 20 times a day. could i take them all at the same time, too? i don't even eat 3 big meals a day. so, i usually end up taking 2 without any food, and one with food. that's probably not such a great idea.

can somebody who knows please confirm to us if it's okay to take our entire dose at the same time with our biggest meal?

Accutane stays in your body for nearly 2 weeks, therefore it doesnt matter whether you take your pills together or space them out throughout the day. Most meds (eg antibiotics) require the dosages to be spaced out because they can leave your system within a matter of hours. Therefore in order to ensure the drug is always present they say to split up the dose (ie take two twice daily). Accutane has a long half-life and lingers for so long that it doesnt matter about splitting the dose, its much more important to take them with a meal (or a least some fat...ie milk). Im on 60 mg a day and take it all after my biggest meal. On the prescription it says to do this too....(take 3 once daily...(they 20mg each)). If your prescription says to split the dose then you might wanna bring it up with pharmacy or derm, but like i said accutane not like most drugs so it shouldnt make any difference whether you split them up or not as there is always going to be some floating round inside you.