Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cdior003

suggestions for acne scar products?

Hi,

I am currently on accutane. On my third month now actually and my skin looks like its progressing compared to previous months. I have no active acne at the moment. Its been two weeks where I did not break out which is amzing. my skin keeps getting better each week.

My problem is the discoloration and the ice pick scars. My derm said it'll slowly soften up and blend in with the rest of my skin, is that true? Has anyone tried any scar products that has worked while on accutane. I was thinking maybe the neutrogena advanced solition acne peel.

Open to suggestions thanks!

is your face red? like red scar marks...

cuz i've been off accuatne for 30 days now and i've just been applying cetaphil moisturizer..i don't think u should do a peel while on accutane. ...withe the marks i have now, i just leave it..my face is smooth but has lots of scarring...i'm gonna wait the necessary 6-12 months b4 i do anything drastic..like microdermabrasion, etc.

im not sure if there is anything topical that u can do to remove the scars. i tried almost all of them. and non work. if there is something, i wanna know of it

i know its soon to tell but i've noticed some improvement with the acne free scar lotion form university medical, and i am on tane too which i started last week, or you can try scargo or noxia and i dont think u will have any problem with those since they r not to aggressive to ur skin, i'll let u know how the lotion works out for me but u can do some research on it, take it ez.ciao