Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest yankeemix

what cleanser do you use?

Guest yankeemix

For the people who's acne have improved and are almost clear or are clear...

what cleanser do you use? I use clearasil sensitive skin...But I still break out...

anybody ever use Dove Bar soaps for face? I use the body wash and IM always clear on my back...I don't understand why its different for the face beacuse I can't get the same results with a washcloth..

I will start to use Sea Breeze astringent..

any advice..

thanks

trying spectrogel after using no cleanser for the past 3 months to get some excess dead skin/dry oil off my face after hot water dipping for that time

every other cleanser i have seen at drugstores always have at least one of these: SLS, other harsh surfactants, parabens, irritating fragrances, irritating alcohols, sodium chloride, etc.

and i'm too lazy to go online shopping for something that will take weeks to reach me

and i don't dry my face with a cloth anymore

if i'm dipping i just let me face dry in the air and same idea if i wash in the shower

i still wipe the rest of my body and my hair as close as i can without irritating my forehead with the towel

I use Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash and love it. It doesnt leave a residue on my skin after rinsing. I've been using it for 2 weeks and before that I was using the Purpose bar soap. I switched because bar soaps have skin irritants in them.

I might be wrong but I am fairly certain that Sea Breeze has alcohol in it and thats a definite no-no. Alcohol will irritate the crap out of your skin. That goes for nearly all astringents.

Check out Dan's recommended products [post=http://acne.org/findingsupplies.php]here. All these products are recommended because they are less likely to irritate your skin and irritated skin means broke out skin.

Also you can check out the products that SnowQueen recommends [post=http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=102347]here. She is very knowledgable about the chemicals and crap that they put in skin care products that will actually irritate your skin and make it worse. This thread is extremely helpful if you are looking for products. She even has some recommended toners (not astringents) on that thread. I would definitely check it out. The great thing is that she is always willing to answer questions for us about products.

What other products are you using to control your acne? If you like gentle, creamy cleansers, Neutrogena Extra Gentle Facial Cleanser is really nice. I also like Alba Organics Pineapple Enzyme Facial Wash. I am on Accutane now, but for a time I had my acne under control and these two cleansers were my favorite.

Try J&J Top to Toe Baby Wash as well if you like foamy cleansers.

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser, I really believe that face washes shouldn't contain a bunch of medicine (ie bp, sa). I feel like my skin has improved GREATLY since I started using a GENTLE face wash that was just meant to wash the day off not dump more stuff on to it, thats what treating afterwards if for.

I use Purpose Gentle Cleansing Bar. It really works for people who have oily skin, like myself. I've been using it for about six months now, and my skin has improved. The first few days I used it, it dried out my skin. My skin was peeling, but you have to give it a few days for you're skin to get use to it. You should try it, if you have oily skin.

Paula's Choice products come highly recommended. They are designed for acne prone skin and she is dedicated to selling products with the proper PH levels so they work with your skin and not against it. If I could afford it, I would use all her products. Since I am a single mom on a budget, I went the less expensive route. Lorrie

I am pretty much clear now thanks to proactiv. People may not want to hear it, but it is the only thing that has worked.

I think it also helps that I am taking birth control pills that are designed to help with acne too. I asked for them specifically. But the proactiv was working before I started these.

Ladies, Diane 35.

took like 5 months of course but I am pretty much clear

Except for this one GIANT cyst that showed up out of nowhere. It is the biggest one I have ever had and it showed up on a clear face... I don't know what to do about it.

Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser works very well for me. I've been using it for the last 3 months. It's very mild and not over-drying like most cleansers I've used in the past.

I'm using Nanocyclic Silver cleansing bar - FANTASTIC stuff. Cleared up my moderate acne in just a few weeks....has kept me clear for months now....using nothing but this cleanser. It's pretty expensive, but it really does work. No Joke. If you decide to try it, the Silver worked best for me, no the Pink.

http://www.nanocyclic.com/

Cetaphil is what my dermatologist tells me to use on myself and on my clients.

But once in a while I use vinegar. Equal parts water and vinegar. Acetic acid in vinegar is like havin a cleanser with TCA on it but gentle. may cause a 4 min redness but it easily flushes off when you wash it. Its a cheap Exfo-Wash.

Guest Grow To Overthrow

Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser.

Excellent question. OK, I am a little strange, as I don't use a cleanser, just Ivory soap and water. I have tried different cleansers and other soaps in the past, only to find that they irritated my sensitive skin and frequently caused breakouts, (I have rosacea as well as acne - the acne is pretty much in remission now, thanks to spironolactone, knock wood. I wish I could say the same for the rosacea). :(

Anyhow, my derm was surprised that I use Ivory soap, as she said it is drying for adult skin. Funny, but it doesn't dry my skin out at all and actually seems to help with the oiliness. My Dad also uses Ivory and he is 75 and has very oily skin, (as I have his skin type, something tells me I'm in this for the long haul)...

Best wishes from bookyone :)

My dermatologist had prescribed Stievamycin to me but i dont see any progress.. (after 2 months using it) so i've been using lately sulfur soap.. which is only 2 dollars! i used to have oily skin, after 5 days using the soap my skin looks cleaner, i also put some natural yogurt, honey and sand mixed.. after that mix youll see results cos your skin is very soft.. i still have some spots, so im considering using a tca peel, actually i just ordered on ebay... i hope it works.. does anybody had tried a tca peel (100%)? is it good? :think:

sorry for my english :rolleyes:

For the people who's acne have improved and are almost clear or are clear...

what cleanser do you use? I use clearasil sensitive skin...But I still break out...

anybody ever use Dove Bar soaps for face? I use the body wash and IM always clear on my back...I don't understand why its different for the face beacuse I can't get the same results with a washcloth..

I will start to use Sea Breeze astringent..

any advice..

thanks

If you use a toner, try something that has little/no irritant in it.. like Nivea Toner. I use cetaphil as my cleanser btw.

shu uemera's balancing cleansing oil.

I love it, but I feel uncomfortable washing my face with the ingrediants in it, so I'm just going to finish the bottle and pray there's something like it out there (ocm never worked for me).