Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amanda428

DAMN IT! The oldest story in the book...

Ugh! Why oh WHY do I do this to myself?!?! :wacko:

I know that popping/picking at pimples that are clearly NOT ready is not the way to go. For the past 2 1/2 weeks, I've tried to medicate only. It worked for about a week - the thing was down to not even being able to see it. Then I went out with my girlfriends, stayed out super-late, forgot to wash my face and BAM!!! Back, big as ever, the next morning. :doh:

So now I'm starting from square one with the damn thing. At lunch, I got totally fed up with it and started squeezing. :naughty: WHY?!?! Now it's big and red and ugly.

I've been using Persa Gel and it's had amazing results with this one (earlier) and with another one that completely went away. Should I just keep persisting with the Persa Gel??? I feel like it will never "go away" unless I pop it. Is that true?

If it doesn't have an obvious head, then leave it alone. If it does have a head, then read here: http://www.acne.org/pop.html

You might consider icing it, this can sometimes decrease swelling and redness. Otherwise just leave it alone. And yea, keep using the Persagel. It's BP so it should help dry it up.

Thanks Brandy! No, it doesn't have an obvious head...it's super white whenever I smile or anything (it's on my chin), but it's not cone-shaped like it's ready to pop. Ice, huh? I honestly have never tried that. I medicate constantly throughout the day and then put a huge blob on at night.

I think I'm just too impatient. I'm tired ot this thing...it's been there since before St. Patty's day. :(

Thanks Brandy! No, it doesn't have an obvious head...it's super white whenever I smile or anything (it's on my chin), but it's not cone-shaped like it's ready to pop. Ice, huh? I honestly have never tried that. I medicate constantly throughout the day and then put a huge blob on at night.

I think I'm just too impatient. I'm tired ot this thing...it's been there since before St. Patty's day. :(

good grief, that's a long time!

Do you have a derm who can inject it?

dont constantly slap on chemicals. it could make it worse. start with once or twice a day regimens.

ive had the same problems. acne would go away during the week and i feel like i can go out and have some fun. i end up passing out drunk at somones house and wake up the next morning with the white whale fluking out of the side of my cheek. so freakin embarasing. now i carry MINIMUM, a moisturizer and BP wipes. does descent work for over nighters.

A regimen isn't really the problem. I'm 100% clear except for this one bitch that won't go away. I need something that will spot treat this thing. I thought I was over it, but like I said, one bad night of not following my exact routine totally screwed me.

It's a good idea to carry stuff though...I might have to start doing that.