Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gin*N*Juice

Did you take anything to Aid your IB?

I'm thinking of asking my derm for something that may help with IB. I'm worried about scarring since my derm is starting me out on 80mg a day.....

I've heard some people say steroids but what else is out there?

Antibiotics and topicals suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

(Oh and my 2nd derm appt is this Friday so I should be starting no later than Monday! YAY!)

I used some of my sisters differen stuff. I dont think it did anything. I doubt it was a good idea either.

I am using Klaron Lotion, a topical antibiotic, at night to combat the IB. Of course I was using this for about 6 weeks before I started Accutane, so it might not be as effective as for you if you started same time as Accutane. I am on Day 13 and no IB so far. :cool:

I am taking erythromycin and am just over my two-week period. I am not breaking out any worse than I was before I started my course. I know this is one of the oral antibiotics that is safe to take in conjunction with accutane. I know antibiotics like tetracycline aren't safe because they can increase the risk of swelling in the brain, I believe so, correct me if I am wrong though!