Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ruti

spiro after tane?

I just finished 6 mos of tane back in Jan. There was slight improvement but not with jawline. I have an appt in 2 weeks and I'm thinking of going on spiro.

Anyone have success with spiro after tane or should I just give up? <sigh>

Don't give up! It took me a long time to realize that doing nothing does nothing and now my skin is so much worse. I tried the diet/holistic route, and although I do think it can help mild acne, it didn't help my persistant moderate acne(I do get cysts here and there). Now I'm on spiro and I won't give up. It's easy to give up on something when you don't see results right away. If you think you have hormonal acne, then you have to treat it with hormonal medication. I've also been on accutane 5 times and I am still dealing with acne at 31 years old. God, I hope spiro is the answer. :pray: Good luck!

Don't give up! It took me a long time to realize that doing nothing does nothing and now my skin is so much worse. I tried the diet/holistic route, and although I do think it can help mild acne, it didn't help my persistant moderate acne(I do get cysts here and there). Now I'm on spiro and I won't give up. It's easy to give up on something when you don't see results right away. If you think you have hormonal acne, then you have to treat it with hormonal medication. I've also been on accutane 5 times and I am still dealing with acne at 31 years old. God, I hope spiro is the answer. :pray: Good luck!

I've got you beat. I'm 45! What a flippin' nightmare since age 13. I guess it could be worse, count blessings and all that ... STILL, I'm just tired of it. I'm just feeling like a big baby today.