Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

I dont think I can wait a month (or longer)

My face is in so much pain right now and looks horrible. I think i'm breaking out from when I had strep throat and couldn't really do anything to my face since I was too sick to leave the bed for some of the time. I have to wait a month or so to get on accutane and its going to seem like a yeaaaarr... im so impatient, I dont think i'll be able to last another day in school with my face :(

My face is in so much pain right now and looks horrible. I think i'm breaking out from when I had strep throat and couldn't really do anything to my face since I was too sick to leave the bed for some of the time. I have to wait a month or so to get on accutane and its going to seem like a yeaaaarr... im so impatient, I dont think i'll be able to last another day in school with my face :(

I should concider myself lucky right now actually... because if I were to never have gotten strep throat... I would have never gone to our local free health clinic.. and my mom would have never found out that there were actually doctors there that prescribe acne medications. My next wait for a dermotologist was suppose to be 6th months... that would have been a very long wait. I dont know why i'm complaining about it right now.. it just sucks living with this day after day. :doubt:

Droplette.. how come you had to wait 3 months? :surprised: I hope that doesn't end up happening to me..

You’ll be fine. Look at it this way, what’s a month when you’ve already waited so long? It’ll fly and then in no time you’ll be starting accutane and be that one step closer to beautiful clear skin.

I had the opportunity to ask for it in january but I cancelled the appointment, now i've made another appointment so i'm expecting to see a derm in one or two months.. so in total i'll probably have been waiting 5 or 6 months lol.

Yeah Mandy I remember the waiting game wih my skin. Not specifically Accutane but in general. Last summer it was tea tree oil, then persuading my mom to get me this drug that had a lot of bad side effects. Then waiting for accutane to work and be over with.

I'm still waiting, for my skin to heal and get rid of marks, while trying to keep what's left of the acne away.

But holy shit, the tane course goes by so fast. You won't believe it. :)