Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey

Got an appointment tomorrow with the dermatologist. Anyone know if he does prescribe me accutane how long it would roughly be before he puts me on them?

i.e do i any tests before i go on ?

Hey

Got an appointment tomorrow with the dermatologist. Anyone know if he does prescribe me accutane how long it would roughly be before he puts me on them?

i.e do i any tests before i go on ?

are you male or female?

Uk. i'm seeing a private derm. I've sent him a letter and photos already

thats good, the process is kinda easier in the UK.

you do have to be on birth control for 1 month before you start but thats okay cause you would have to have a blood test nyway which takes bout 3 weeks for the derm to get your results.

when you go to your appointment tell him you want roaccutane, dont wait for him to mention it.

he will tell you that you need to be on birth control for 1 month and that you need to have bloods done... he can prescribe you birth control (prob dianette), and will give you a form to get your bloods done, then you can go to blood tests at your hospital and wait for a free slot, get them done that day, they will then get sent to your derm.

make sure you arrange an apptment with your derm for in 4 weeks, you will be able to get it then.

does that make sense lol? i didnt explain it very well.