Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is the story about my old girlfriend that I finally figured out today.

She was what you would call a perfectionist. She didn't accept any grade lower than an A starting in 6th grade (when we started dating). She was pretty back then and quite hot now (but things got a bit different). She had anxiety problems and stopped coming to school. Then randomly broke up with me before I moved. She was crying the whole time she broke up and I was shocked (her friends were too) that she did it. I can say I cared dearly for her (dated from 6th to 10th grade) but things went way off the boat. She started slitting her wrists because of the lack of A's and letting herself down. She also became addicted to vicodin after she broke her neck (though it wasn't serious). By then I was living 300 miles away. I hadn't heard anything from her for 4 years. So I start asking my friends in St. Louis what on earth happend. They really had no clue except her friends said she had dropped out of a private all girls H.S. there (which is the norm). So today... someone linked me an article. Now everything you read about anxiety I only knew of but it was a guess (as was the slitting wrist shit) and the vicodin addiction, I JUST LEARNED TODAY.

Apparently, she dropped out and couldn't get past February during the school year because her anxiety attacks and mental health went off the wall. She ended up at some very special school in St. Louis where they specialize in kids who can't excel in the classroom because of physcological problems. So apparently she struggled but finally graduated (on time but had to take more credits then usual). She isn't even sure if she's going to college (and she is like a genius).

SOOOOO I have a question for everyone should I try to talk to her this summer? I will be working an internship in St. Louis and I feel that I could get her number from someone, knowing my luck she will have a BF but whatever.

If you want to see the article PM me, I just want to make sure you're serious because it has her name in it.

And I really want to hear some advice on this, my friends are just like "Dude, it started in 6th grade AND you started seeing her in 6th grade?" I'm like, "Yes". So then they are like,"It's your fault hahahaha." Which is not funny for me to think about.

Also, before I read the article. I swear I thought she was dead or god knows where.

This is the story about my old girlfriend that I finally figured out today.

She was what you would call a perfectionist. She didn't accept any grade lower than an A starting in 6th grade (when we started dating). She was pretty back then and quite hot now (but things got a bit different). She had anxiety problems and stopped coming to school. Then randomly broke up with me before I moved. She was crying the whole time she broke up and I was shocked (her friends were too) that she did it. I can say I cared dearly for her (dated from 6th to 10th grade) but things went way off the boat. She started slitting her wrists because of the lack of A's and letting herself down. She also became addicted to vicodin after she broke her neck (though it wasn't serious). By then I was living 300 miles away. I hadn't heard anything from her for 4 years. So I start asking my friends in St. Louis what on earth happend. They really had no clue except her friends said she had dropped out of a private all girls H.S. there (which is the norm). So today... someone linked me an article. Now everything you read about anxiety I only knew of but it was a guess (as was the slitting wrist shit) and the vicodin addiction, I JUST LEARNED TODAY.

Apparently, she dropped out and couldn't get past February during the school year because her anxiety attacks and mental health went off the wall. She ended up at some very special school in St. Louis where they specialize in kids who can't excel in the classroom because of physcological problems. So apparently she struggled but finally graduated (on time but had to take more credits then usual). She isn't even sure if she's going to college (and she is like a genius).

SOOOOO I have a question for everyone should I try to talk to her this summer? I will be working an internship in St. Louis and I feel that I could get her number from someone, knowing my luck she will have a BF but whatever.

If you want to see the article PM me, I just want to make sure you're serious because it has her name in it.

And I really want to hear some advice on this, my friends are just like "Dude, it started in 6th grade AND you started seeing her in 6th grade?" I'm like, "Yes". So then they are like,"It's your fault hahahaha." Which is not funny for me to think about.

Also, before I read the article. I swear I thought she was dead or god knows where.

its cool that you really care about her. im sure if you track her down and find her it will make her feel good cause she will know she has a real friend, anxiety issues or not.

dont worry about her possibly having a boyfriend, maybe she does and maybe she dosent. the fact is she will never 4get u bcause you spent so many years together.

I don't think you should. It might make it worse, on the other hand could make things better, but if she wants you as a boyfriend is that what you really want? You don't want to give her any false hopes.

Oh no no no... I don't want to get back together with her unless well she's stable or something. I just want to talk to her and get her version of what happend. We were really good friends and to me there isn't a reason she can't talk to me after I moved.

The boyfriend point was made b/c she would prolly think I wanted to get back together that badly and after a long time, making it very awkward.

Interesting read good topic......Hey, your friends are nuts you had nothing to do with what happened to her. People dont even find themselves until like high school or even college really. If this girl starting developing this personality in 6 grade its just a coincidence thats when you started dating her. I know plenty of good smart kids through middle school that just got F-d up in high school for no reason. Sounds like she just developed an inner struggle with herself which is unfortunate, but in a situation like that it is rarely another person to cause it, that person had it in them all along. And my advice? DO NOT go meet her again man. It was a relationship that ended before either of you even had a drivers license. You guys were kids. Its over. Sounds like she has some problems now that you dont need to be involved in. Its just my experience that rehashing old relationships is never good. Just move on, let it go

Arighty Sotret99 I'll take your word for it bro. Last thing I need is more problems at the moment.

If she still cares about you, I say you should contact her. Not has an ex boyfriend but as a good friend. You were with her all those years, much of it has a large impact on her.

Just let her know that you are willing to talk to her at anytime (be supportive) and it may help her situation as well. Do not visit her in person but call her or email.

Obviously you still care for her because you wrote this topic, right?