Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I like this one:

6. Drink lukewarm water with 2 teaspoons of honey every morning on an empty stomach. This effectively lubricates the intestines. If one does not evacuate the intestines regularly, the toxins either end up in the liver or come out in the skin.

Anyone know if this is true and worth doing?

I've always thought honey is good for awhile now, that makes sense instead of having it with tea or coffee or bread, water is the next best thing. Unless you want to eat it straight hehe

I personally like this one the best.

3. Lay off the antibiotics - Antibiotics, believe it or not, cause more problems then what their worth. They destroy the bacteria in your digestive system, which can lead to poor digestion, constipation and reduced absorption of essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients. This in turn leads to more acne because your body isn't able to get rid of waste effectively and toxins get expelled via the skin instead. So if you are taking them – talk to your doctor about stopping now, unless you absolutely, positively, have to take them. Instead of taking antibiotics, eat foods which help re-establish the good bacteria in the gut — these include honey, onions, artichokes and bananas. By eating these types of foods you are helping your system restore the levels of beneficial bacteria that are destroyed by antibiotics. You can also use a product called Latero-Flora. 4. Supplements - In your everyday life it is not possible to get all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients your body needs to function correctly. This includes your skin. You may eat all the right foods, but because of previous eating habits, or drug taking, you may not be absorbing everything you eat. This is why supplements were invented. They are found to be useful to those with acne. See end of article for all suggestions.

I think most of us are doing ourselves more harm too, if not short term def long term.

I'm eating lots of bananas too have been for awhile, they seem to work from what I can tell.

I noticed my skin is much clearer since I stopped using acne products on my skin and started eating more fruit and veggies.