Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MatttheCat

Massive Blackheads Forming

I've been on the regimen for about a week, and my skin has been getting pretty dry and flaky. I'm on my 2nd day of week 2, and for week 1 I was only applying BP once a day. I'm now up to twice a day and my skin is beginning to get quite dry.

I've now noticed massive blackheads forming where I didn't used to get blackheads. I use Dan's BP and I moisturize only with Jojoba oil. I imagine that all of the dead skin cells are clogging my pores. Unfortunately I have a mixture of inflammatory and non inflammatory acne. I'm thinking of quitting the regimen because the blackheads I have last for YEARS. If I'm going to get a bunch of blackheads by using BP then I guess I'd rather find other treatment options.

Any Advice?

well I suppose your skin is purging, thanks to bp.

why dont you pop them? the blackheads? or exfoliate your skin to get rid of them?

I think the problem is that you aren't using any moisturizer. Jojoba oil by itself may not be the best solution for you. Try using one of the recommended moisturizers before you give up on the Regimen.

Do the basic regimen (cleanse, bp, moisturize).

Jojoba oil gives me lots of black heads, so I am guessing that is where your problem might be. Mine never turned into pimples, but once I quit using the jojoba oil they went away on their own (and I was getting them in spots where I don't normally get them also).