Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does it mean nothing? My problems are just like yours, I can empathize I can tell you similar times in my life when Ive felt exactly like you, if I dont at the moment.

Arent we all the same, going through the same shit? Why is that no consolation?

And why do we try so hard to pretend we arent victims to these human emotions?

Guest T-Virus

I know exactly what you mean coughdrop. It seems that it has become socially unacceptable for us to let others know that we have problems and that we do get angry and upset about certain things. I think it's just because people want to be happy and want to forget about their problems when they're around their friends, which is why they wouldn't want their friends talking about their own problems and showing that they're angry and upset because then that person would become a source of misery. And people don't want to be around someone who is a source of misery. Which is why everyone tries to pretend that they don't have problems and that they don't get angry or upset. I think the thing about everyone else "going through the same thing" doesn't provide much consolation because some people's problems are worse than others, and some people have more problems than others. Not only that, but we're often so blinded by our own problems and caught up with ourselves that we don't realise that everyone else has problems too.

I would actually like to see more people express their troubles. Maybe not yelling them out in front of everyone, but to me at least. That would make me feel special. As long as they don't go on and on about something that's extremely insignificant.

i do have one or true friends where we almost exclusively talk about our problems and i can imagine it making us feel worse at times. but why?

why should this be such a sorce of misery? Because we can empathize with their problems and feel their pain? But we already can even if we dont know their specific issue and we know they are feeling pain regardless of how they act or what they say. Sharing can reinforce our shared human experience and help us realize these emotions arent deficiencies in ourselves.

Guest Sincerely Me

Knowing that someone felt the same is no consolation because of two things. In our minds, naturally, and in teenagers most, we are very egocentric. For a moment, or a few moments we truly and honestly believe no one has ever felt like we have in the universe. We may not think that to ourselves, but it is naturally to be overcome and feel that way. The feeling means more, but so does the situation. Say you have two people who are depressed. One is depressed just for...whatever reason, and one is depressed over the death of their oldest daughter. You can understand and empathize with the feelings of depression, but cannot say anything for the feeling of loss and emptiness that comes with losing a child. Two parents who have lost a child naturally are more comforting to each other than the person who lost a child and another who lost a grandmother. See what I'm saying?

"I would actually like to see more people express their troubles"

Same here. And so true what everyone's saying on here.

Personally for me, I feel a lot of pressure to keep my unhappiness contained. I bottle it all up inside and eventually it comes to the breaking point, and that's where I am now :( I do find that SOME people are more able to show their negative feelings, and in consequence are on the whole happier. I wish I could be more like that...

What am I saying..I *can* and I *will* and that's something I will work on :P

I think we all have to realize that although we cannot control the things that are happening to us, we *can* control our responses to them. It's easier to be controlled than to be in control, but life's not easy. We have to fight for ourselves. Plus I don't think you can just say 'but everyone's problems are worse than mine', it doesn't matter exactly what the situation is, but how we perceive the situation.

I know that we ALL suffer at times, that we are all subject to these human emotions (and the extremes at that) and it's not true what you're saying about no consolation..look at us all here. What is this group for except not for that?

Good luck to all...Stay strong <3

Yeah it's a bunch of bullshit. I've just grown to feeling uncomfortable talking to real people about my problems, I'd rather talk to strangers on the internet.

I'm quite schizoid.

Guest T-Virus
i dunt understand the message here... but

we are here for ya

thanks