Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calikid0

Rush like scarring (pics)

Hello everyone. I used to have moderate acne (according to my dermatologist) some seven-four years ago and I used to take a variety of bp solutions to treat my acne. Over time, I stopped having breakouts and my skin got much smoother so I stopped going to my dermatologist or taking the treatment altogether. For about a year, I had no major problems aside from the small occasional break out (once a month or every two months)...and during this time my skin stayed smooth and I thought my acne was gone for good. Now some three years later, I'm still not having any major breakouts but my skin seems to be getting much bumpier. I'm really confused because I thought I needed to have acne breakouts to leave this kind of scarring but I'm getting rush like bumps (I'm pretty sure they're acne scarring) on both sides of my cheeks. I've attached pics. Do you guys have any suggestions about why this is happening and how to improve my skin?

post-56695-1175662529_thumb.jpg

post-56695-1175662541_thumb.jpg

post-56695-1175662555_thumb.jpg

post-56695-1175662564_thumb.jpg

post-56695-1175662582_thumb.jpg

post-56695-1175662589_thumb.jpg

post-56695-1175662529_thumb.jpg

post-56695-1175662541_thumb.jpg

post-56695-1175662555_thumb.jpg

post-56695-1175662564_thumb.jpg

post-56695-1175662582_thumb.jpg

post-56695-1175662589_thumb.jpg

Not that i can see the pics as they are still awating approval.. though scarring can take years to pop up....

your skin only scars once healing is complete... so your in the after marth period.. your skin was injured.. was healing.. and now you have some scars.

welcome to our world my good friend.

Thanks for the quick response. So was I slowly scarring over the past few years? And does that mean I'm still scarring? Do you know if I can do anything to prevent any more scarring and to remove the scarring that's already there? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. At this point, I'm thinking about going back to nuetrogena (which was what I was recommended to me by my doctor a while ago, I think).

Btw, I tried to use a third party image host like imagehack but I had no luck with the links. Do you know if it has been deliberately disabled for these forums or am I doing something wrong.

I think you should try doing some peels. Start off with superficial ones, aha and bha then work up to stronger ones and do some TCA. I think that should give you the improvement you are looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion. I went out and got a Biore pore unclogging cream that has 2.0% salycilic acid. I'm now using that twice a day in the morning and before going to bed. I'll see if that helps and maybe try something different in a couple of weeks (or is that too short). And what would be something stronger? Thanks again.

It's hard to tell from the pics as they are blurry (I know how hard it is to take close up pics of the skin on your face) but I would suggest going to see a Derm again and asking for a topical retinoid. Retinoids are good for exfoliating the skin and getting rid of bumps.