Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
traxie2001

Desitin vs Sudocrem?

I read in the looooong Sudocrem thread that a few people subsituted Desitin for Sudocrem (since it's not available in the states). Can anyone share his/her experiences using Desitin intead? Did it make you break out? I'd rather pay the $3 or whatever for Desitin than pay the $20 it would take to get Sudocrem shipped. Thanks! :shifty:

I bought Desitin about 2-3 weeks ago at my local CVS pharmacy for like $6 and tried it overnight. I did not have the drastic results I hoped for. The Sudocreme posts indicate overnight results, but I did not see that with Desitin. I used it every other night for about a week and my skin looks better--no zits, tone is evening out little by little--but I'm not sure if it's attributable to the Desitin or not. I started DKR about 5 wks ago, so the improvement may just be the results of continuing on that regimen. I didn't see anything drastic with the desitin, like people described with Sudocreme. Plus the stuff is SO thick and nasty, I hate sleeping with it on. That is why I only did it every other night and then stopped altogether. I'm not sure if Sudocreme is the same way or not. Anyway, if I were you, I think I would just drop the $$ for the Sudocreme since I can say that I did NOT see any particularly amazing results with the Desitin.

Anyway, good luck!

all i know (from when i was in the US last) destin isnt as effective as Sudocrem, as i bought some and it did nothing, since it contains irritating talc, codliver oil and petrolatum.

tho it indicated it contained BHA, but didnt state which llol. But it did contain 40% zinc oxide, which is a skin protectant.

sudocrem on the otehr hand, also contains lanolin (emollient properties)

zinc oxide (astringent which reduces the loss of tissue fluid)

benzyl benzoate and benzyl cinnamate (recognised for its healing properties)

benzyl alcohol is a weak local anaesthetic which acts to ease localised pain and irritation. It also acts as a disinfectant/antibacterial agent and is responsible for protection against common bacterial contaminants.

so i would recommend Sudocrem over the US's desitin 100%.

I would suggest Balmex over Destin... it is also a diaper rash cream and has zinc oxide like destin but also contains aloe vera and vitamin E which would help with healing/ red marks.

Thanks for the advice! I was going to dry Desitin just because it's convenient, but I decided to go ahead and order the Sudrocrem... :)