Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, this past 2 weeks I've been really busy at work so I've been drinking lots of coffee, tea and I've broken out like crazy....I didn't do anything different in my diet, I still ate my regular healthy foods, just lots more caffeine and now my face looks like crap!

I'm going to try to give up caffeine! it will be hard, but i need to do it!!

Anyone have any reccomendations for the withdrawls?

I've been addicted to coffee for years. I was able to quit smoking 5 years ago after smoking for 10 but cant seem to get over the caffiene. Sad to say but the withdrawl i get from not getting my 20oz in the morning is 10x worse that the withdrawls I had from quitting smoking. I get horrible headaches and nausea. Pain killers do nothing for them either. Only caffiene makes it go away. I've even tried the wean off slowly method. If I drop literally and ounce less than 20oz.. it's like a switch - withdrawl symptoms.

I will be watching this thread too for ideas. I wish I had them.

Pandora - a good way to kick the withdrawals of caffeine is just nap it off. As soon as you feel the nausea / headache coming on, go into your bedroom, shut the door and close the shades and lie down for a siesta until it passes. If you fall asleep, all the better.

In my experience caffeine does little to zero harm to my skin.

Pandora - a good way to kick the withdrawals of caffeine is just nap it off. As soon as you feel the nausea / headache coming on, go into your bedroom, shut the door and close the shades and lie down for a siesta until it passes. If you fall asleep, all the better.

Caffeine addict here too. I also experience the headaches and nausea from withdrawls. Maybe someone should create a 12-step program for caffeine addicts. I quit drinking 6 years ago and honestly I think that was easier than giving up caffeine. Oh Oh Oh! How about a caffeine patch? I"ll be watching this thread too. Lorrie

Guest dingybobstuart

I quit drinking coffee about 3 or 4 weeks ago. For stress and anxiety more so than acne, but im sort of hoping they are all related somehow, so if i kill one, the other will die along with it.

But yeah, the withdrawals were shit to say the least.

Although i quit cold turkey, i read that its reccomended to taper off your dosage slowly over a week or so so that your body gets used to not having its caffeine supply.

The withdrawals for me lasted a week n a half to 2 weeks but so worth it... ive been sleeping so much better lately and getting up n outta bed for work of a morning is alot easier aswell.

I was craving a coffee so bad today though lol

I quit coffee for lent (40 days), my withdrawl symptoms were strong but I used chocolate and non dairy icecream to help! Now I can't stop eating chocolate :doh:

Try using a safe alternative. Instead of coffee, try carrots or something of the like. "Keep your mouth busy" as if you were drinking coffee. This method tricks the body, although you will still get withdrawal symptoms, it helped me get over my sugar tooth.

I quit drinking coffee last summer, and cut out sodas last Fall.

I do still have 1 cup of hot green tea per day, and one glass of iced tea usually. The rest of the time I drink water.

Perhaps just cut back on the coffee, or substitute beverages with a lesser caffeine content for awhile then gradually wean off.

What about those of us who work 9-5 (or really more like 8:30 - 6 or 7 or...)??

I would love to cut back on caffeine, I am constantly trying, but it's darn near impossible when I wake up at 6 am every day and get home 13 hours later.