Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cleardream

Why do we tend to get more depressed at night?

i mean, i've had so many nights where everything is just horrible.. and then morning comes and it's like, "why did i put myself through all that?" not that things are fixed, but somehow they don't seem as awful. i know others who've felt this way too... but why? do you think it has to do with melatonin or something?

I get depressed at night because thats when I have to wash off my makeup :doubt: Lol.. and then I tend to over think at night... a lot.

I’ve always put my night-time depression down to the fact that I’m all alone. During the day I’m constantly interacting with people, there’s always someone else there and then at night time when I’m all alone in my room, that’s when the depression starts.

thats funny,(i mean odd, not like ha ha ha she gets depressed at nite) me its the opposite, at nite i am ready to have fun and then i wake up like "aaaaarg, another day". i have to pull through another 10 hour shift, study, clean the house, all that annoying stuff. shloooooozy.

I dont get more depressed at night. I get more depressed during the day time and then Im suffering reprecussions from it later on throughout the night. I ruminate

Why do we tend to get more depressed at night?

I do?

well, i do. actually, your recent posts keep making me LOL and take away some of the blues... at least for a sec. :lol::D

I dont get more depressed at night. I get more depressed during the day time and then Im suffering reprecussions from it later on throughout the night. I ruminate

I get depressed on like Friday & Saturday nights, if I have nothing to do. I'm young, I feel like I should be out more, having fun.

Other nights of the week can be depressing, but usually I am just tired & dont care as much.

During the day I'm around people and socializing, but at night I go home and end up sitting in my room doing homework or whatever by myself. I don't really like being alone :confused:

damn me 2! during the night.especially since i dont go out alot.also il see my crush on msn and i dont say hello to her cuz she never speaks to me...so i just get sad about that.im honestly thinking of deleting her off msn...will help me

At night I tend to have to wind down and so I start thinking about things, generally negative things. It's usually when I have nothing to do when I feel most depressed. However during school hours when I'm not socializing I tend to get bad anxiety and feel like I need to escape. Then when I get home I feel safe but then I feel alone and depressed. But I don't want the anxiety so I shut myself up inside my house, which is why I end up avoiding everyone and lying about reasons I can't go out.

At night I tend to have to wind down and so I start thinking about things, generally negative things. It's usually when I have nothing to do when I feel most depressed. However during school hours when I'm not socializing I tend to get bad anxiety and feel like I need to escape. Then when I get home I feel safe but then I feel alone and depressed. But I don't want the anxiety so I shut myself up inside my house, which is why I end up avoiding everyone and lying about reasons I can't go out.

For me it's the exact opposite, which is funny because we have so many other things in common cleardream! :whistle:

Anyways, at nights I feel better and a lot more relaxed because of the night I think. It hides a lot of things. :whistle:

The day time makes me angry somtimes cause Id otn liek the light LOL I'm like a vampire... I like night :).