Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plateaukid

Would I Be a Good Candidate for V-Beam

Hi,

I posted this on the scar treatment messageboard as well but I guess since I'm considering V-Beam this would be a better place for it.

I've been dealing with acne for the past 12 years and it was about 6-7 years ago that I realized that it left me with alot of post-inflammatory pigmentation and broken capillaries, not to mention scars. Time has past and it has not gone away like some have said. I've tried mainly alot of products ordered online but of course nothing has worked so far. And because I think the redness kind of makes the scars seem worse, I figuered it was time for me to have V-Beam so I can get rid of some of the pigmentation and have a better picture of just how bad my scars are.

img0032bh4.th.jpg

img0036fl6.th.jpg

img0009lg4.th.jpgimg0006ss2.th.jpg

I know exactly how you feel. Ive broken pretty bad this weekend and im doing the best I can to make sure I stop the acne from leaving a red mark since i know it will be a pain to deal with in the future.

Definetly go see a derm asap, i think pretty much any laser would benifit you at this moment. Since your marks are everywhere I think you should expect really good results (the more obvious the condition is the easier it is to get satisfying results).

You're still breaking out right? A lot of those marks look like they'll lessen over a couple of months because you're skin looks quite oily. Are you on any oral meds or topical?

i had similar marks and no vbeam will not help you. ive done it 8 times. it helps more with the dents and reduces redness a little but vbeam is mostly for broken caps.

i had similar marks and no vbeam will not help you. ive done it 8 times. it helps more with the dents and reduces redness a little but vbeam is mostly for broken caps.

marky,

I remember too that you had started a thread about your V-Beam treatments. I thought you said it helped?? Are you saying now that after having it done a few months later the results aren't that impressive??

marky are you sayng that the thread starter has broken caps and not red pigmentation? as far as i knew i thought the two were basically related, you cannot have persistent seemingly permanent redness without having a blood supply to feed it?

just slightly off topic, its a shame that unless you were some sort of celeb or a prominent member of society, many of these clinics and doctors will try and guarantee you a lot of result but as soon as you fork over the money they could care less if 6 months from now your face hasnt improved more than 10-15%..... you dont know what i would do if there was some guaranteed way for me to just pay a doctor 10k and have him fix me up instead of having me playing myself as a test subject while losing large bills from my wallet everytime i have something done.

marky are you sayng that the thread starter has broken caps and not red pigmentation? as far as i knew i thought the two were basically related, you cannot have persistent seemingly permanent redness without having a blood supply to feed it?

just slightly off topic, its a shame that unless you were some sort of celeb or a prominent member of society, many of these clinics and doctors will try and guarantee you a lot of result but as soon as you fork over the money they could care less if 6 months from now your face hasnt improved more than 10-15%..... you dont know what i would do if there was some guaranteed way for me to just pay a doctor 10k and have him fix me up instead of having me playing myself as a test subject while losing large bills from my wallet everytime i have something done.

Your redmarks are very, very similar to mine. I'm angered by the fact that they won't fade - I mean, how do people like Dan have his redmarks fade within days while people like us have to deal with this for ages? If you find a solution don't forget us - And we'll do the same for you. People always say "exfoliate" so that might speed up the process somewhat.

it helps a little with redness, but it will take many many treatments and is probably not worth it. from my experience with vbeam, it did little for redness but it helped fill in my indented scars very well, i have none now. they were minor to begin with though. i only continued doing vbeam because i was paying a very very low price for it.

it helps a little with redness, but it will take many many treatments and is probably not worth it. from my experience with vbeam, it did little for redness but it helped fill in my indented scars very well, i have none now. they were minor to begin with though. i only continued doing vbeam because i was paying a very very low price for it.

Yeah thats pretty disappointing I was hoping that vbeam would be a great way to treat red marks. Not sure what other lasers could do any better than the Vbeam. Im undergoing the gemini laser right now its working but veryyyyyyyy veryyyyyyyy slowly.

Yeah thats pretty disappointing I was hoping that vbeam would be a great way to treat red marks. Not sure what other lasers could do any better than the Vbeam. Im undergoing the gemini laser right now its working but veryyyyyyyy veryyyyyyyy slowly.

I dunno but ive only gone for one gemini treatment so far. The derm who does it is really honest and trustworthy. He only used the standard KTP setting for that laser, he didnt really go aggressive on me, he wanted to see if I would have any excessive blistering or negative response and if my marks would fade even the slightest bit from the laser. Im glad to say that its working, but its not much, only about 15 maybe maximum 20 percent improvement over the last month and half since ive done the laser. My red marks dont seem to be as easily irritated and become worse since the treatment. Im going back to him in about 2 weeks for another, he says he'll go a bit more aggressive this round but Ill try and convince him to go super aggressive.

The gemini is pretty cheap, only costs 250 CAD for one treatment, you dont need to buy any other products post-op or really do much before hand. He didnt tell me not to use retin-a or any other acids before but I think its good to not do anything a couple of days ahead, go in there with your face washed and not covered up in sunscreen if possible.

If the gemini doesnt work out after 3-4 treatments ill just have to cough up a couple of grand and go to this other clinic that does a lot of asian skin (the doc is unfortunetly not even not a derm but according to my mother's GP, he says a lot of people come from overseas (mainland china, taiwan, etc) to see this guy, he is THAT good). I went for a consultation with him beginning of this year but i didnt like how flashy and chic the clinic was and how long it took for him to come in to even chat with him. Funny thing is, im probably one of the only few patients of his that can actually grill him with a dozen in-depth questions that probably nobody else would ask (most who go there probably dont know or want to know about what lasers do what, whats best for what condition, etc, theyre just rich moms that wants to be trendy and have bragging rights about what theyve done and HOW MUCH theyve spent to rejuvenate their appearances).

This doc seems knowledgable but it felt like a moneygrab, because he asked me if i want to do vbeam or if i want to do fraxel. He said vbeam would "take care of the redness, but it wont do much for indentation/boxscars (which i have)", then he said "you should just do fraxel, it'll work for both the indents and the redness". Now I did some research afterwards and i never really found any evidence that fraxel took out redness in fact i think it could add more redness. I think what he really meant is that the vbeam is what i should get to take care of the redness and if the scarring bothers me i should go for fraxel....

Im going to see if i can get him to try vbeam on me first, if needed ill do some fraxel to take care of some very light scarring that i have on my cheeks. But hopefully if the gemini works well enough after a few more treatments i shouldnt need to spend anymore money on this stuff at all.

Sorry to be lengthly but i just wanted to let you know that many others have gone through great lengths to resolve these problems that should be easily remedied in the times that we live in now we all these technologies that we have. Now marky says that vbeam doesnt take care of redness or broken caps, but from what ive researched the laser is SUPPOSED to be marketed for those conditions primarily.....

sorry to dissapoint you all, im just being honest. it helps but very little and takes a long time, i think there are definitely better alternatives and for cheaper.

Hey man its good to have an honest opinion. Quite strange though we have had others on this forum that said vbeam helped them quite a bit with their red marks. I guess you can never really know until you've tried a couple of sessions.

Hey man its good to have an honest opinion. Quite strange though we have had others on this forum that said vbeam helped them quite a bit with their red marks. I guess you can never really know until you've tried a couple of sessions.