Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkxfriend

Darker skin on side of nose and below too =(

I have relatively pale skin with no acne but on the right side of my nose near where it meets the rest of my face is a dark spot (purple/dark red). It sort of trails down along the edge of my nose/face and then expands a bit into the area between my nose and upper lip. It is also present on the left side of my nose but is not as significant. It's been there for years, does not itch, does not really flake. It just looks bad.

I've tried Nizoral thinking it was perhaps seborrheic dermatitis but that did not help and it does not even itch/dry out. I've also used ACV and other stuff but not for long enough to see if it would do the trick. Have any of you had this problem as well? It seems like basic skin discoloration and I would love to be able to get rid of it. Thanks to anyone who can help!

have you tried anything that is known to fade scars? i think that would help. just do some research :]

also, you could just ask your doctor about it the next time you go for a physical or whatever.

If the purplish-red marks are the result of scarring and present the appearance of broken capillaries, there are laser treatments that can resolve the scarring. Check with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist for a concrete answer.

I have some redness around m nose in that pattern, it's been there since I was about 10. I did notice it seems to be from capillaries. I wonder if it's related to Rosacea?

I have some redness around m nose in that pattern, it's been there since I was about 10. I did notice it seems to be from capillaries. I wonder if it's related to Rosacea?

have you tried anything that is known to fade scars? i think that would help. just do some research :]

also, you could just ask your doctor about it the next time you go for a physical or whatever.