Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey yall. for those who have suffered through college with acne i got a question... im currently a senior in highschool and about to go to college. I am extremely self conscious about my severe acne scars on my chest and back. i was wondering whether people in college showered NUDE together or what? give me the 411 becuz its been bothering me. i can't even bear to look at myself in the mirror when im showering by myself. thanks.

Haha, you don't shower nude together. It actually depends on your dorm I suppose. Sometimes you share bathrooms, meaning theres a bunch of stalls one right next to another like in a public restroom or something. It's like individual booths, then there are some dorms like a typical bathroom at home. At the gym yes the showers are more or less open. Don't worry about it.

Guest Kimmay

I'm so afraid of college. and of having acne in college.................................

I took two courses of accutane and now I'm worried that I'm starting to break out once again. I'm even more afraid that even if this break out is just a fluke... I'm worried that when I actually get to college I'll start breaking out again.

I hate that for a few months after accutane your skin is so perfect, then it pops up again! arg.....

but it makes me want to take accutane a 3rd time just to ensure myself of skin clear for freshman year.....

piece of advice. don't go to college if you think your just going to hate going because of acne. espeacially if you want to be a scholar or excel in college rather than party. remember college is there for you and is not going anywhere. make sure when you go in your content about life in general. :whistle:

KeepHopeAlive is right

I will admit that I party a ton...and should study more but whatever.

Anyway, about the bathrooms. It depends on your dorm, but you can easily never ever be seen naked if you don't want. Most guys just wear boxers into the stall, take them off (with the door closed), and then grab the towel and dry off wrap it around their waste and walk out. Never seen anyone naked, if I did I"d worry that they were gay and wanted people to see 'em. It's just that odd and rare.

Sadly I don't live on a Co-ed floor (though they have separate bathroom), because its more fun then all guys.

Guest Kimmay

thatz how they do it in Vermont.

is it possible for my roomates to never see my chest and back? or is that like mission impossible in college?

or should i just straight out tell my roomate(s) that i have a skin problem on my back and chest that i am embarrassed about and hope that people will respect my privacy.

is it possible for my roomates to never see my chest and back? or is that like mission impossible in college?

or should i just straight out tell my roomate(s) that i have a skin problem on my back and chest that i am embarrassed about and hope that people will respect my privacy.

Hey all,

As a recent college graduate I would just like to say that acne can make dorm life stressful at times, but it is certainly no reason to miss out on the best years of your life! I went to a local college my freshman year and was very stressed about my mild acne when I decided to transfer away to college for my sophomore year. I only lived in the dorms for a semester before I moved off campus with some friends. It was really awkward to be around my friends without makeup, and that was only if I ran into them in the community bathroom. Basically the community bathroom had 3 toilet stalls and 2 seperate showers (1 full and 1 half size). I always resented the fact that I had to wear makeup when must girls in college do not. The truth is though that I love to look nice and would probably wear it even if I had perfect skin.

Looking back, I definitely think that I noticed my skin more than anyone else ever did. I'll admit that there were nights that I didn't want to go out or that I rushed from my room to the shower so no one would see me. Most of the time though I just didn't have the time to stress out over my skin because I wasn't going to go to the mirror every two seconds to look at it or put weird masks on my face that people would see.

When I think about college I think that having mild acne did hold me back at times, but I was also so proud of myself on the nights when my skin looked great. I am currently in grad school and my skin is better but not perfect. Although I am still struggling with acne I am so glad that I did not let it hold me back from going away to school and having that life experience.

i have a towel covering where it needs to.

work out and intimidate the other guys

if i didn't have back and chest acne ... i would be working out right now

u don't understand how severe my acne is ... judging from ur pictures . you still feel self conscious even with PERFECT SKIN. JD:FJDS:JDSDS

i wonder how u would feel with mine... probably suicidal