Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoCold

Sugar free snacks?

I looking for some sugar free snacks that I don't have to prepare myself (preferably, but not restricted to).

I'm not talking about vegetables and fruit. Obviously that is healthy. I'm talking about something to snack on even if it doesn't have health benefits as long as it is sugar free and isn't unhealthy.

Thanks!! :dance:

dude i have searched the planet well looked alot lol and if those kinda things are out there i sure havent seen them, i have to make my own snacks..

Nuts?

I'm sure you are really asking about artificially sweetened things, and I don't know of any other than maybe instant chocolate puddings that I recall I thought were ok. I don't know how anyone can stand diet sodas.

I have noticed that a sour flavor masks the god awful fake sugar taste pretty well. Like in diet Sprite and Minute Maid Light lemonaid and tropical smash.

light and fit yougurt. it has splenda i think, or aspertame. but it tastes pretty good.

Sugar-free Jello, SF Jello Pudding (they have awesome flavors sweetened with Splenda), SF candy (in small amounts), ice cream sweetened with Splenda, there are lots of Sugar-free yogurts (Blue Bunny is my favorite), there are sugar-free Pilsbury cinnamon rolls, sugar-free cookies.....

Go to the diabetic section of Wal-Mart (or wherever) and you can find tons of sugar free stuff. It is not necessarily healthy stuff but it is sugar-free.

I looking for some sugar free snacks that I don't have to prepare myself (preferably, but not restricted to).

I'm not talking about vegetables and fruit. Obviously that is healthy. I'm talking about something to snack on even if it doesn't have health benefits as long as it is sugar free and isn't unhealthy.

Thanks!! :dance:

Thanks for the replies so far!

So is Splenda ok? When I go to Wal-Mart I see a lot of snacks that look scrumptious but they all have Splenda in it. I thought I read somewhere to avoid it.

Darn, just when I thought I had the snack craze figured out. :(

I wouldn't trust aspartame at all. Additionally the makers of Splenda recently wanted consumers to contact them about side effects they've experienced since consuming Splenda.

I wouldn't trust aspartame at all. Additionally the makers of Splenda recently wanted consumers to contact them about side effects they've experienced since consuming Splenda.

unless you want to ruin your omega 6:3 balance watch out about snacking on nuts

and artificial sweetners = eventual brain damage yay ?

Thanks for the replies so far!

So is Splenda ok? When I go to Wal-Mart I see a lot of snacks that look scrumptious but they all have Splenda in it. I thought I read somewhere to avoid it.

Darn, just when I thought I had the snack craze figured out. :(

unless you want to ruin your omega 6:3 balance watch out about snacking on nuts

and artificial sweetners = eventual brain damage yay ?

Stay away from splenda.

"(Funny Splenda/Sucralose is a Chlorinated/Halogenated Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon (LabGirl, True or False) and based on reports on this board as well as on the web, just as with Dioxin, it is capable of increasing acne in those prone and initiating acne in those not prone.)"

Credit: Sweetjade1980

Use Stevia (plant extract).

Guest vegmom02

Forgive me if I am thinking like a mom about sugar free snacks....I have a 4-year-old and the only sugar I offer him to eat is from fresh fruit, vegetables (he likes carrots and sugar snap peas), a little juice, and my homemade desserts. So, here goes:

-Cheerios (or in your case, any other sugar-free cereals...I think wheat bites are sugar-free)

-rice cakes (we eat them plain or spread hummus or sunflower butter on them...strawberries are in season right now, so I slice some on top of the sunflower butter)

-pretzels

-Chex Mix (I make a homemade version that is only made of Crispix cereal, pretzel sticks and bagel chips...my son has a peanut/tree nut allergy)

-POPCORN!!! We consume volumes of air-popped popcorn

-my husband and I eat raw walnuts, almonds and sunflower seeds

We don't eat any "fake" sweeteners...I personally think they are more dangerous for our bodies than consuming "real" ones!

Forgive me if I am thinking like a mom about sugar free snacks....I have a 4-year-old and the only sugar I offer him to eat is from fresh fruit, vegetables (he likes carrots and sugar snap peas), a little juice, and my homemade desserts. So, here goes:

-Cheerios (or in your case, any other sugar-free cereals...I think wheat bites are sugar-free)

-rice cakes (we eat them plain or spread hummus or sunflower butter on them...strawberries are in season right now, so I slice some on top of the sunflower butter)

-pretzels

-Chex Mix (I make a homemade version that is only made of Crispix cereal, pretzel sticks and bagel chips...my son has a peanut/tree nut allergy)

-POPCORN!!! We consume volumes of air-popped popcorn

-my husband and I eat raw walnuts, almonds and sunflower seeds

We don't eat any "fake" sweeteners...I personally think they are more dangerous for our bodies than consuming "real" ones!

fruits, carrots, celories/ the whole 3rd grade stuff u used to find packed away in your lunch box from mom. :P u can toss in a turkey sandwich, PB and J, tasteless power/energy bars, rice cake (if u know wut that is), sugar free jello, yogurt, or rpetty much anything u could find at a down to earth health food store.

fruits, carrots, celories/ the whole 3rd grade stuff u used to find packed away in your lunch box from mom. :P u can toss in a turkey sandwich, PB and J, tasteless power/energy bars, rice cake (if u know wut that is), sugar free jello, yogurt, or rpetty much anything u could find at a down to earth health food store.

PB and J is usually packed with sugar, for this I would get organic peanut butter with no sugar, and get organic strawberry jelly (just mashed up strawberries). Very tasty!

The whole 3rd grade thing though... I agree. :surprised:

Ok, thanks a lot guys, keep 'em coming! :surprised:

I'm not really sure what rice cakes are but they sound good, are they sugar free?

Ok, thanks a lot guys, keep 'em coming! :surprised:

I'm not really sure what rice cakes are but they sound good, are they sugar free?