Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InRepair

Ok so I got some samples from Everyday Minerals

And unlike Aubrey Nicole, where they put in a brush for you, I need a brush for these little samples. What is the best brush for these samples? and speaking of Aubrey Nicole, that little brush they give you, it doesn't look like it does much, is that a good enough brush or should I get a different?

I would just pour a little out onto something & use a regular sized kabuki brush. Some people use foil I believe to pour it out. I have a plastic lid I use.

And unlike Aubrey Nicole, where they put in a brush for you, I need a brush for these little samples. What is the best brush for these samples? and speaking of Aubrey Nicole, that little brush they give you, it doesn't look like it does much, is that a good enough brush or should I get a different?

i love Em's kabuki brush. But when i first got my samples i used a cheap powder brush from Target, but when i got EM's kabuki, boy did my makeup look so much better!

you really do need a kabuki brush with minerals. other brushes just don;t work well. Kabuki all the way or don't even bother with the minerals.

The brush they give you with AN its not that good , its just a tiny brush for using concealer or something like that..but not for foundation , you need a buki brush to try any mineral foundation and a good brush.., I would recommend AN premium buki brush..its the best !

I've been meaning to get a kabuki brush anyway, I guess now is the time to do it. Do I need different brushes for the foundation/concealer/blushes, or can one brush do all the jobs? If I need different brushes what the recommendations for that?

^ No, I would just use the kabuki for foundation. You don't want to mix blush color in with your foundation. You need a blush brush for blush; they are usually a bit smaller than the typical powder brush.

For concealer you should get a much smaller, slender brush to go over little spots. There are concealer brushes or you can use an eyeshadow brush. They come in slightly varying shapes & sizes, but most any will do.

I went onto the EM site and looked at those brushes they have brushes for everything, they have a couple of Kabuki Brush at a good price, the only thing I get confused for is, there is different brushes for how you want to apply your make up and that's where I get stuck, I never know which brushes or when to use them. I mean they have a few different powder ones for foundation but I don't know which one is the best. :wacko:

http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=brushes

I ordered there kabuki brush http://www.everydayminerals.com/images/27.jpg (12.00 it used to be 14.00) and this is the main brush you are supposed to use with their minerals. The brush is really good, and applies your minerals evenly and smoothly. The powder brushes i think are more for sheer coverage or just swiping on your finishing powders.

=]

Yeah, you want a kabuki for your foundation; dont get the mini unless you want one for your purse.

Their premium kabuki brush looks nice. I might try that myself :drool: . I have a sable hair flat top brush I bought from Lancome that was waaay more expensive & it is really nice.

If you want a 2nd brush, the flat top ones are pretty good too. I think they can work as well as a kabuki, even though they are for powder/blush. The Premium Powder Brush Brush looks like it would be a good blush brush too.

I notice they have a concealer brush (Precision Camouflage Brush) that looks good.

Their prices seem pretty good....hmmm... hehe :D

What's the official stance on EM brushes? I'm sure there's a thread reviewing them somewhere...

I'll have to try those, I really need new brushes.

Hey I wanted to ask one more question, I read that depending on the person sometimes the make up doesn't stay on all day, some people use mineral primer or something that helps sets it in longer, is there anything I can use or any other type of make up that I can put on that helps sets it in longer? Thanks for all your help!

Be safe and order the Kabuki Brushes from AN. Either the Premium one or the Gold one $10. The hairs are SYNTHETIC so it is unlikely to shed and great for sensitive skins!!

For EDM all their BRUSHES ARE CRAP!! I truly have to say this now they all shed like crazy the craftsmanship is really cheap quality and not worth the trouble!!!

For EDM all their BRUSHES ARE CRAP!! I truly have to say this now they all shed like crazy the craftsmanship is really cheap quality and not worth the trouble!!!

While the EDM Premium kabuki does shed initially, after a few washes it is fine, and it does come with a lifetime guarantee, so if there is a problem, you can contact them and they will replace it.

While I have moved to synthetic brushes (AN Premium Kabuki and Urban Decay brushes), I liked the EDM premium kabuki, and thought it was softer than other natural hair kabuki brushed I had tried. I also have the EDM premium powder brush, which is equally as soft and also comes with a lifetime guarantee. At the same time, I also have a sable hair flat top brush, which is amazing too.

As far as synthetic brushes that are not scratchy, the AN premium kabuki is not at all. Also, the urban decay brushes are very soft, but are still firm enough to be effective in applying the makeup well. Another synthetic brand that is much softer than all of them is the Too Faced Cosmetics Teddy Bear Hair brushes. You can buy them in a travel kit, and they are devine, but I have found that they are not as good with coverage, as I think the bristles are a little too soft.

The EM premium kabuki brush, it does shed but after a couple of washes its fine. Ive had my brush for nearly a year and it still works fine! No replacement, nothing :razz: Also they give you a lifetime guarantee, so if it falls short, just send them your brush and they will send a new one for free.