Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crash

Beer cause acne?

well i hear yeast can be a factor into acne. if so, does that mean drinkin beer gives u acne? do i have to give up alcohol? has anyone else noticed a change in acne when u had a change in alcohol consumption?

well i hear yeast can be a factor into acne. if so, does that mean drinkin beer gives u acne? do i have to give up alcohol? has anyone else noticed a change in acne when u had a change in alcohol consumption?

It would explain alot for me if it did...;)

It would explain alot for me if it did...;)

doesn't dehydrate u faster than straight up liquor. ive drank an entire 24 pack in one night, and i wasn't dehydrated at all. but after drinkin an entire fith of vodka, i was super dehydrated teh next day

drinking always makes my skin much worse, even when i was on low dose accutane. in fact i think it was the only thing that could give me acne when i was on it.

In men alcohol is a strongly suppresses testosterone production. Keep in mind that hormones are complicated, and that there are many.

The luteinizing hormone (LH) is basically the master androgen. The more LH released, the more your testicles produce testosterone. So while alcohol suppresses T, your body tries to compensate by surging LH. That's also the reason why sexual urges go up, because LH also controls that.

That much I do know, and I'm sure there's some implications on other hormones, and when the alcohol finally wears off there may be a temporary surge of T.

Hmm... this varies very largely on an individual basis. The best advice is, drink water between beers / shots, stay away from really sugary drinks, and try to get atleast a little sleep. Otherwise have fun that you don't care about your skin for a few hours :)