Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've gotten a little better about not feeling like I need to make everything perfect and been able to relax, but I'm still a perfectionist when it comes to how I look, especially my skin. I get really down about even the most minor blemish. I think I was less self conscious when my skin was worse, ironically, because then I knew I looked like crap but didn't really care. Whereas now, my skin is okay...but I am actually more insecure about how I look.

Basically...can anyone relate? Or maybe offer advice on how to not obsess?

i can be a perfectionist at too sometimes, more with my work than anything. Hobbies usually help me overcome obsessions, try not to worry about your face so much, try focusing on something else.

I don't know about my being a perfectionist. More that I try to be competetive or better than the ones around me.

Not really good...but mehh :doh:

Oh, I can definitely relate. I have this image in my head about how I should look, and I'm always striving to achieve it, but no matter how much I do I can't. It's an unattainable goal. Because that image doesn't exist and is impossible, because perfection doesn't exist. You just have to realize that people have their flaws and you have yours, but that doesn't mean your not worthy.

Oh, I can definitely relate. I have this image in my head about how I should look, and I'm always striving to achieve it, but no matter how much I do I can't. It's an unattainable goal. Because that image doesn't exist and is impossible, because perfection doesn't exist. You just have to realize that people have their flaws and you have yours, but that doesn't mean your not worthy.

Well I try not looking at myself because I know it'll get me depressed. I try not to think about it and just having a good time and talking to my friends.

Well I try not looking at myself because I know it'll get me depressed. I try not to think about it and just having a good time and talking to my friends.

Being a perfectionist is a blessing and a curse at the same time. In a way it's a blessing for me cause for example I always keep my house clean and organized but it's a curse cause if I look in the mirror and see anything I don't like I obsess over it. Yeah I agree it's very good to keep buisy and have hobbies to keep your mind off bad things.