Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i have like 3 weeks left of accutane...and my skin has definitely improved, but i still have a weird skin texture and a couple zits (not deep, except for 1)...

im wondering if i should ask my derm for another month?

anyway, my question is:what was your skin like almost to the end of accutane? did you still have zits or were they completely gone already?

i have 3 weeks left too (yay). my last day is the 27th. I've been on for 7 months and I still 3 have active pimples on my back. My derm actually recommended I go on another month and she only saw when I had 1 active pimple. When I left my appointment last time they said "hopefully this will be the last month" so if I don't clear up by the 27th I will probably be put on another month. Hope this helped.

Hi! I am in a similar boat with my accutane treatment. This is the middle-end of my fourth month. About 2 weeks ago I got two huge cysts on my nose and chin. Plus I still get zits on my cheek (like about 2 a week) I was wondering the same thing as you are, do I need to go on a 6th month of accutane. My thoughts about this is just like every drug out there from asprin to acid everyone reacts differently. Some bodies need more time to heal. I feel your pain though I just keep wondering is this ever gone go away. But when I think like that I stress out which leads to another zit. So my advice is eat healthy, excercise, drink a ton of water, get plenty of sleep, surround yourself with people who make you feel good about yourself and who love you, and when you look in the mirror know you are beautiful! Hope everything works out for you! Keep us posted on your journey! :D