Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been taking 1200 mg of Fish Oil X 3 and 25 mg of Zinc X 2 for about 2 weeks now and things are looking great. I never had tragic acne, so i think thats why the results are coming faster. I was wondering what you thought about this decision I have to make...>> I am thinking since the Fish oil and Zinc are helping so greatly, I am contemplating stopping using Cetaphil cleanser when i wash. It now feels like it is only tightening my improved Skin??? Any past experiences you can share???

That's great that you're seeing results this soon. I wouldn't stop using cleanser though. Maybe try a lighter cleanser that won't give you that tightening effect. Or you can try using less of your cleanser and rinsing it off quicker.

I use Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming cleanser and it's the only one I've ever tried that doesn't dry out my skin and make it feel tight. Some people are also really happy with the goat milk soaps.

my acne seems to be almost entirely caused by thick sebum buildup over the course of the day

taking multiple fish oil (or cod liver oil for more antioxidants) pills/tablespoons each day has brought my oil down a lot to the point that i don't use cleansers anymore except once in a while to get excess dead skin off