Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mobi

Acne is started Internally

Hey,

I've been doing a lot of background on Acne lately. Everything I read, seems to say acne is obviously due to clogged pores but that is not the source. It's actually due to the build up of toxins in the body, that when not able to exit your body through your bowel or urine, it erupts on your skin.

I was wondering if anyone has tried a colon cleanse, and if so, to what type of success ?

Hi there,

Have you searched the diet/holistic forum?

I had some success with colon cleansing; specifically colonics. However, I had to get one weekly to stay clear. I've had more lasting success by changing my diet to grain/sugar free; low-carb basically. I actually had a stool test that showed I had intestinal dysbiosis. I do believe that many acne people have intestinal imbalances; candida or otherwise. You can read my story here.

If you get acne as an adult, ask why

When I was getting the colonics, I was still eating a lot of grains; thus feeding the klebsiella.

I went to a naturopathic doctor for my acne 3 weeks ago. They did a saliva and urine test, seeing if I had low levels of vitamins or minerals, which of my hormones were out of balance, how my digestive and immune system was function, circulatory system, lymphatic system, liver, kidneys... etc.

My adrenal glands scored a 0 out of ten...meaning they were haywire.

My mineral levels scored a 2 out of ten... meaning I wasn't getting enough minerals.

And because of these two things out of wack, my liver, kidney and digestive system were having a very hard time.

They put me on 6 different vitamins (the brands Metagenics and Innate)... having me take the supplements 4 times a day (Omega 3-6-9, B-complex, multivitamin, probiotics, flora-replenishing, and some others). In 2 weeks, my adrenal glands have gone completely back to normal and my mineral level is almost good. They told me to expect my skin to break out, due to the healing process. It has and its a real mess now, so I cant tell how my skin is yet. But my moodiness and other problems have disappeared. I feel REALLY good.

I went to a naturopathic doctor for my acne 3 weeks ago. They did a saliva and urine test, seeing if I had low levels of vitamins or minerals, which of my hormones were out of balance, how my digestive and immune system was function, circulatory system, lymphatic system, liver, kidneys... etc.

My mineral levels scored a 2 out of ten... meaning I wasn't getting enough minerals.

And because of these two things out of wack, my liver, kidney and digestive system were having a very hard time.

They put me on 6 different vitamins (the brands Metagenics and Innate)... having me take the supplements 4 times a day (Omega 3-6-9, B-complex, multivitamin, probiotics, flora-replenishing, and some others). In 2 weeks, my adrenal glands have gone completely back to normal and my mineral level is almost good. They told me to expect my skin to break out, due to the healing process. It has and its a real mess now, so I cant tell how my skin is yet. But my moodiness and other problems have disappeared. I feel REALLY good.

Very interesting. Please let us know how you progress.

you eat too much bad food --> your skin probably gets more oily --> chance of clogged pores and new bumps at the end of the day much more likely

Very interesting. Please let us know how you progress.

Heyy.. Yerr tell us how u go.. I want to see a naturopathic doctor and I live In Australia, Hoppers crossing within mebourne somewhere.. How did you get reffered to a naturopathic doctor? Was it throught a dermatologist ? How much is it for each session ? How many times do you visit him on a monthly basis ? This whole naturopathic doctor thing sounds great !!

wow thats good for you! im glad you are healthy

well maybe acne-prone skin needs more filtering and cleansing internally

no one's real sure about diet relating to acne, but IMO it is related in some level