Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wəəgəə

is there anyway I can improve this scar?

scar pic

I've had this scar as a result of a LARGE cyst I got during the IB of my accutane treatment. It had to be put down using 3 cortisone shots. And then it came back in a month, and had to be shot again another time. So, now I have 3 shallow icepicks and weird toned skin around that area, plus a missng layer of fat underneath. The missing collagen is what's mainly botheing me. It looks terrible, and I'm extremely self concious about it (I won't get my hair cut because of it).

Iwas wondering if there are any ways to regain lost collagen? Any kind of product or something? I'm desperate, and I can't afford scar treatment at this time (like they'd even work unless I fork out several thousands :( ).

scar pic

I've had this scar as a result of a LARGE cyst I got during the IB of my accutane treatment. It had to be put down using 3 cortisone shots. And then it came back in a month, and had to be shot again another time. So, now I have 3 shallow icepicks and weird toned skin around that area, plus a missng layer of fat underneath. The missing collagen is what's mainly botheing me. It looks terrible, and I'm extremely self concious about it (I won't get my hair cut because of it).

Iwas wondering if there are any ways to regain lost collagen? Any kind of product or something? I'm desperate, and I can't afford scar treatment at this time (like they'd even work unless I fork out several thousands :( ).

:( For something missing a layer of fat, I'd think you'd need some kind of treatment issued by a derm. If my parent's wouldn't freak out and kill me, I'd send you the money. :( That said, It's not really that noticeable, being kinda under your eyebrows, just cover it with your hair until you can get it treated. Sorry I couldn't help more, just uh, remember that we all have distorted visions of ourselves and our flaws, maybe it's not as bad as you think. Not arguing with you, just saying. :)

I have a similar scar and story to yours, however, my scar has improved quite a bit over the years, although it was very slow to heal. I have had two rounds of silicone injections which have helped, but before you do that you should give it some time to see how much natural healing you will get. You should go buy some organic coconut oil from a health food store and rub it on the scar, you can put it on your whole face too, it won't break you out. It will aid in healing the bumpy parts and relieving redness and inflammation. Don't do anything abrasive to it at all until atleast after a year of healing. It will get better in time!

I also have a scar very similar to that. Fraxel has maybe helped some. I think the discoloration, at least for me, is the worst part. when I apply tns recovery complex is seems to plump it up a little and have less noticeable discoloration. I'm not entirely sure what to do about it either. Just hope that eventually it can be treated...