Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phooney

Got my allergy test results.

Highest on the list were the following items: Gluten (highest), Wheat, Corn, Coffee, and yeast.

So obviously I avoid breads, etc like I have been. But damn, corn too? Ouch. Milk was lower on the scale but still on there.

If Im looking to bulk now, what can I eat? LOL

Highest on the list were the following items: Gluten (highest), Wheat, Corn, Coffee, and yeast.

So obviously I avoid breads, etc like I have been. But damn, corn too? Ouch. Milk was lower on the scale but still on there.

I have an apt. with my doctor in 2 weeks. What can I ask him about doing an allergy test?

I want to get an allergy test done, where do you go to get em?

Also how do they test you to see what you're allergic to and how much would a test cost?

Sorry for asking all those questions I just didn't want to start a new topic.

I want to get an allergy test done, where do you go to get em?

Also how do they test you to see what you're allergic to and how much would a test cost?

Sorry for asking all those questions I just didn't want to start a new topic.

I had mine done at a Ear Nose and Throat center. The charge for the blood draw Im not sure, but the company (www.foodallergy.com) charges $150 but my insurance covered it.

So do you have to ask your family doctor? Because it's kind of weird just asking for an allergy test out of the blue.

In junior high I broke out in hives twice, and then never again after that. I'm still wondering what I reacted to and if I am still allergic to it. Oh, maybe I can tell him that :cool:

Guest T-Virus

I had an allergy test when I went to the Naturopath.

I'm getting one done in May... I wanted one done do I told the doctor I was having stomach problems, which I really was, but I described the symptoms as ones that you get if your have lactose intolerance or gluten sensitivity... I had a blood test for gluten sensitivity and it came back negative... thank god... and now I'm getting to full works done... I am almost positve I have lactose sensitivity.

Thats interesting TDOT I have an appt in 2 weeks, I'm going to a family friend doctor, do you think I should tell him I am just curious, or tell him I am having problems?

There's a shop in town here that offer allergy tests for £30. I've been thinking whether to go or not as I don't know what I'm allergic to at all. They do food and cem tests, so I can see which face projects to avoid.

Note that there are lots of different types of allergy tests available. Some require the drawing of blood, others seem less scientific. I took the york test (which is one where you draw blood and its reaction is tested against different foods). Anyone can take it (they have a website and can send you the kit which you then return to them for testing). It costs though. GBP175 when I did it a couple of years ago.