Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have 18 days left of Accutane, I dont really have any active acne, but this morning I tried to squeeze a small whitehead and shave. I took about a square centimeter of skin off my upper lip from shaving, and another one from trying to squeeze. The top layer of my skin is so fragile I feel like blowing on it might make it evaporate. So now Im left with these 2 huge red patches. Theyre so bad I didnt even go to school today. Does anyone know any way to try and speedheal these things? I know its kind of looking for a easy way out of doing something stupid, but its so ugly I cant even look in a mirror. Any help would be much appreciated.

simply dont pick is all i can say.im like u...i finishd tane a week ago.i had an active pop up but i left it...and it sorted itself out without looking all red and gross.

i never had acne for so long so i completely stopped picking.i know its impossible :shifty:

Is there anything I can do to make it go away faster? Ive got a really big weekend coming up that I would like to look good for... girls. :doh:

nah man....red marks are fucks! the worst thing u can do is pick again. DONT!

your skin needs to repair itself and it usually takes me between 3-9 days id say for it to be good again.maybe some light concealer wouldnt be bad.just make 100% people dont notice it like they did on me :lol: god

Hey, thanks Kai. Ive been thinking about wearing makeup for a while now... Maybe its time. I know other guys that do it, not like Im all "GUYS WEARING MAKEUP IS (insert comment here)".

I Naired my upper lip (:ninja: sick, I know, accutane made my facial hair grow in darker), and when I left it on too long it took a chunk of my skin off. It was so gross. Blech. I just moisturized well (it heals so much better if you keep it moisturized) and as much as you are tempted to take the scabs off, DON'T. You can heal so much faster if you leave them.

Whatever you do, do not use makeup. It is a vicious cycle, and I don't really care what anyone else says. As long as you're putting anything topical (other than acne topical treatments, or moisturizer) you are clogging your pores. Unfortunately, I am a hypocrite for sitting here writing this because I wear makeup to work almost everyday, but that's also for my poor self-esteem. Anyways, when my acne starts to clear up enough that I can handle the red marks only, I'll stop wearing the makeup. But like I said, just don't put any on. It will clog your pores and most likely cause a breakout. Anyways, like Tennesseegirl said, keep your face really moisturized. That should/most likely will speed up the process of healing.

Whatever you do, do not use makeup. It is a vicious cycle, and I don't really care what anyone else says. As long as you're putting anything topical (other than acne topical treatments, or moisturizer) you are clogging your pores. Unfortunately, I am a hypocrite for sitting here writing this because I wear makeup to work almost everyday, but that's also for my poor self-esteem. Anyways, when my acne starts to clear up enough that I can handle the red marks only, I'll stop wearing the makeup. But like I said, just don't put any on. It will clog your pores and most likely cause a breakout. Anyways, like Tennesseegirl said, keep your face really moisturized. That should/most likely will speed up the process of healing.

i've had quite a few of these red marks, and i put neosporin on them to help them heal faster...it's not a miracle, but i think it helps...

I'd take the chance, but then again. It would suck to breakout so close to the finish. There also is nothing wrong I think, with guys wearing "concealer". As long as you don't call it make-up then your good to go. Party hard. :angel:

to the origianl poster, SUDOCREM!!

honestly, its awesome...put a blob on both areas over night or whenever your in the house (remember to take it off when you go out though lol) and they will shrink in no time... just put it on whenever you can.

i wouldnt suggest makeup, since you've taken the skin off, its likely to be a scab is it? well, makeup will jus look cakey..

anyway with completely clear skin... no one is gonna notice 2 scabs!!! you'll just look like you were enthusiastic with shaving lol

HAH, ya, I can be a bit overzealous shaving in the mornings. Me and my sister are going to go find some concealer today. My sister had a brief battle with acne when she was about my age so she knows how to use it well. Been thinking about the Sudocrem stuff too, sounds like it works good. TO WALMART IT IS!

Thanks for everyones help.