Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wəəgəə

Low dose 'maintenence' treatment

I took a 5 month course of Sotret Accutane back in August to January (80mg/day). I was never cleared 100% and I've still got some mild acne leftover (in addition to marks and scars unfortunately). I'm on diferin and antibiotic now but I'm thinking about going on Tane again, only this time taking a low dose (like 10-20mg a day) mainly for further oil control, and to take care of the mild acne I have left.

For anyone who has taken a low dose treatment, what can I expect? I started my previous treatment on 80mg/day from the get go and had a bad Initial breakout, which lead to scarring :( . If I take a low dose how likely is it that I will experience a bad breakout? I haven't had a cyst since the treatment, and would like to keep it that way.

if you do take a second corse, i think you should keep taking the antibiotic for the first month or so, i was on an antibiotic and started out at a high dose, with no IB. just make sure it is not a cycline. after about a month you can drop the antibiotic. i don't think you will have an IB anyway since you are pretty clear already from your first course. if my oil comes back pretty bad or my acne ever gets out of hand again, i'm going to look into a low dose treatment too.

if you do take a second corse, i think you should keep taking the antibiotic for the first month or so, i was on an antibiotic and started out at a high dose, with no IB. just make sure it is not a cycline. after about a month you can drop the antibiotic. i don't think you will have an IB anyway since you are pretty clear already from your first course. if my oil comes back pretty bad or my acne ever gets out of hand again, i'm going to look into a low dose treatment too.

yeah I heard about your treatment. I'm on monocyclne though. But m acne is very mild now I'm not realy fearing a bad IB.

yeah I heard about your treatment. I'm on monocyclne though. But m acne is very mild now I'm not realy fearing a bad IB.

Good luck, man! I'm STILL struggling with IB (this Friday is 8 weeks into treatment), and my acne was relatively mild before. But I wasn't on an antibiotic, though, so you'll probably be much better off than I.