Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
js1982

not totally clear by end of month 4? ideas?

Hi!

So I'm wrapping up month 4... 40mg a day. My derm has me on a 6 month plan, 40mg the whole time. My skin is DEFINITELY better than it was when I started (although my acne was pretty mild to start with), so I'm pleased with that, but I'm not completely clear yet. Every month when I go in, my derm says something like "well, maybe next month will be your big results month..."

I'm pleased with the progress, but it sounds like I should be completely clear by now.

Has anybody had a similar experience? What were the results like in the end?

Well, I was on 40mg my entire course, except for the 2nd month; however, I wasn't completely clear by my 4th month, so my Dermatologist decided to keep me on Accutane for two extra months, which really helped me immensely.

You may want to consider it.

Well, I was on 40mg my entire course, except for the 2nd month; however, I wasn't completely clear by my 4th month, so my Dermatologist decided to keep me on Accutane for two extra months, which really helped me immensely.

You may want to consider it.

Oh, cool--yeah I guess that's an option. Did you get all cleared up by the end once your program was lengthened?

I'm on my 5th month and still not clear. I think the plan was only to keep me on for 5 months, but they are keeping me on for an extra month then bringing me back to assess it or whatever. Meh.