Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey I've recently had a small breakout on my face, and one of them has become inflammed, and even more inflammed as when I was washing my face a knocked the head off, it looks as though it may be infected, should I put bp on it, or will that make it worse? I'm thinking of going to the doctors to get some antibiotics, if anyone could give me any advice would be great thanks

If you do go to the doctor, you might ask for clindamycin. I had an infected spot treated by the doctor last year and that is what they prescribed for me. It cleared the infection really quickly and brought down the inflamation really fast.

Otherwise, you might try neosporin (the cream, not the gel) - it will help kill the bacteria as well.

I had an MRSA abcess on my cheek, oddly enough - no scar. I was on Clindamycin as well.

Thanks alot for the reply, were you left with a mark from the spot at all? Thats what I'm really worried about

It did leave a red mark that took a couple months to go away. It did go away though.