Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
konaworld

People who got more than 150mg/kg

Hi, I want to know something from the people who got more than the 150mg/kg dosage. The reason your derm persist the treatment was because he was scared it will come back and wanted to make sure it is done "forever" or after the 150mg/kg you still has few active spot ?? I would also like to know what was your cummulative dosage.

thx a lot

My cumulitive dosage was 262.5mg/kg. My doseage varied from 20mg to 120mg a day for a six month course, and I only weigh 48kg.

My derm kept upping the dosage because my blood lipids remained on the low side (they started out below normal anyway), my AST and ALT never increased over 18mg/dl, and my skin and lips never got dry.....I was still a little oily on 80mg/day........

It's not that the Accutane didn't clear me. I was clear after my first month.....he just kept upping the dose because I could tolerate it. He's under the impression that the higher the cumulitive dose....the lower the chances of remission......that's his philosophy....it's never been proven that any good came out of going over 150mg/kg..........