Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GB2

Do you pop your pimples???

Everytime I do some online research to find different ways of treating acne, I always seem to see sites that say DO NOT put your fingers to your face or pop your acne. WHY??? Say you have a large pimple that has come to a head. Are you telling me you are supposed to let it like that? When I finally pop a really painful zit it is like I'm letting all the bad stuff out and then the pimple ends up healing. What happens if you just let is sit like that with the pus inside? Are they saying it will go away even with that inside it? To me, all the bad stuff has finally surfaced and now it is ready to be removed. What do others do? I've always been in the habit of leaving them alone till you KNOW they are ready to pop. If I mess with them too soon (when they have not come to a head) it usually makes them worse and more red and noticable. Anyway, just wondering if others think "hands off" is best or if getting the stuff out is what you normally do.

if its poppable then i pop.

they say not to b/c of scarring but i've also not popped a zit and left it alone and it still left a red mark/scar. anyway, some pimples are easy to pop and heal and leave no trace while others, depending where their situated stay around longer.

a white head is just asking to be popped. wash your hands, pop, stop usually they say before blood comes, then put some zit cream on it. I use tea tree oil (usually watered down) and that helps.

never because the chances of spreading the bacteria to adjacent healthy skin areas or causing more inflammation is pretty much guaranteed even with the most tempting white blob

never because the chances of spreading the bacteria to adjacent healthy skin areas or causing more inflammation is pretty much guaranteed even with the most tempting white blob

yes it does but from my experience even the mildest most isolated whiteheads still almost always turn ugly after a careful pop (which i don't do anymore finally)

yes it does but from my experience even the mildest most isolated whiteheads still almost always turn ugly after a careful pop (which i don't do anymore finally)

I pop mine. Sometimes it makes it better, sometimes worse. If you leave it alone, the pus under the skin eventually gets eaten away by special cells in your blood, and the pus on the top dries out and falls off. It does take a while tho. Pus is just white blood cells that have fought off the infection and died, so its not like its something dirty that you need to get out of your skin immediately.

Sorry but I pop. I am not walking around with a blob of white crap sitting at the surface. I dont want to see it and I sure dont want anyone else to see it. BUT that may be why I have scars.

Everytime I do some online research to find different ways of treating acne, I always seem to see sites that say DO NOT put your fingers to your face or pop your acne. WHY??? Say you have a large pimple that has come to a head. Are you telling me you are supposed to let it like that? When I finally pop a really painful zit it is like I'm letting all the bad stuff out and then the pimple ends up healing. What happens if you just let is sit like that with the pus inside? Are they saying it will go away even with that inside it? To me, all the bad stuff has finally surfaced and now it is ready to be removed. What do others do? I've always been in the habit of leaving them alone till you KNOW they are ready to pop. If I mess with them too soon (when they have not come to a head) it usually makes them worse and more red and noticable. Anyway, just wondering if others think "hands off" is best or if getting the stuff out is what you normally do.

Guest j3ff86
better a white blob then a larger red blob with no head and more pain

But what happens if you leave them alone with the pus inside them? I have had some in areas (like under jaw line that got huge and never came to a head and I left them alone and they healed). Where does the infected material (or pus) go? Does it just dissipate? It is so hard to leave them alone when they get to the point of a whitehead. It is embarrassing to leave them looking like that because I think they look even more noticeable in that state.

What I usually do is wait for a day or two and red blob will turn into white.In the morning , I will wash my face as usual and use tissue with hot water to whip out the white blob.

Forcing the red blob to go out is a bad idea and it will usually leave a scar so be ware.

I pop mine. Sometimes it makes it better, sometimes worse. If you leave it alone, the pus under the skin eventually gets eaten away by special cells in your blood, and the pus on the top dries out and falls off. It does take a while tho.

I'm addicted to popping. I'm lucky, I have very few scars on my face. But I'm 40 yrs old and even though I know better, I can't stop picking. I will get a zit or one of those bumps that are large & painful and I promise myself - " I will not pick at this." I always end up picking it - it's like some type of OCD thing. I notice that I pick at my face more when I'm stressed or feeling depressed about my looks.

ARGGH!!! I wish I had the will power to just LEAVE MY FACE ALONE!

hahahahahaha you're so funny :lol:

Sorry but I pop. I am not walking around with a blob of white crap sitting at the surface. I dont want to see it and I sure dont want anyone else to see it. BUT that may be why I have scars.