Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

HELP! My Nose Looks Like a Second Degree Burn!

Im having a really horrible week physically. Ariventa suggested I use an electric toothbrush to get rid of the blackheads on my nose. That guy is brilliant but I fucked up :( I used a Sonicare toothbrush. Now my nose looks like a f***ing second degree burn! Its red as a tomato, there are abrasions where the blackheads were :boohoo: HELP! I dont know what to do. It hurts me :( I tried putting ice on it but it didnt work. I cannot go out in public like this. I have to work in the nursing home, I have to see my parents this evening, I have to see my therapist tomorrow etc. My nose is a disaster! I need a solution. Any suggestions would make me feel a lot better

I would try perhaps something soothing like aloe vera, or maybe even (if you have a few hours before you have to go out), perhaps putting on some Neosporin cream to help the swelling and burning. Outside of that, I'm not sure - I would DEFINATLY skip on the BP, SA, or any heavy lotions that might sting.

I'm going to move this to the General Acne forum, you'll get more replies there!

I would try perhaps something soothing like aloe vera, or maybe even (if you have a few hours before you have to go out), perhaps putting on some Neosporin cream to help the swelling and burning. Outside of that, I'm not sure - I would DEFINATLY skip on the BP, SA, or any heavy lotions that might sting.

I'm going to move this to the General Acne forum, you'll get more replies there!

Guest vegmom02

Using aloe is a great suggestion, but let me go a bit further...do you have an aloe PLANT? I bought one recently and have it in my kitchen, so I can just crack open piece of leaf when necessary. I read the labels on the bottles of aloe gel (with the sunscreens) and they contain alcohols and some of those parabens I stay away from, so that's why I bought the plant instead. I got a small one at Walmart for $2.97. The are in the Garden Dept.

Zinc Oxide based diaper rash cream - zinc oxide dries up oozing and is anti-inflammatory, use this at home-thick layer. Pick up some neosporin CREAM (not ointment) for at work, it will absorb and not be shiny. Redness - nothing you can do atm, don't put makeup on it, it'll make it worse. Good Luck.

Zinc Oxide based diaper rash cream - zinc oxide dries up oozing and is anti-inflammatory, use this at home-thick layer. Pick up some neosporin CREAM (not ointment) for at work, it will absorb and not be shiny. Redness - nothing you can do atm, don't put makeup on it, it'll make it worse. Good Luck.

cool - should be good then. Be real careful not to rub the makeup in then, and wash it off as soon as you get home.

No, I mean the makeup, dab gently - just don't be too rough basically.