Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, everyone! I'm new here, and I hope you guys can help me out. I used to have really bad skin, I'd go through so many products and just end up wasting money. I think the real problem was my picking. I just stopped everything one day, decided I didn't care anymore, and didn't look in the mirror for a couple of weeks. I stopped picking altogether, and I used nothing more than Dove bar soap and water on my face (and body). Of course, I really did care, and when I could finally control my picking, and I looked in the mirror again, I was amazed! Believe what you want, picking is a huge contribution to the problem, in my experience. Anyway, now the problem I had was that my skin was feeling so grimy and gross, and although my skin was looking much better, I still had a bit of acne along my hairline and some red marks. I bought this cleanser, St. Ives Apricot Face Wash - Blemish-Fighting (2% Salicylic Acid) along with some vitamin E gel for my red marks because it's supposed to help speed up the healing process. So I'm washing once a day with the cleanser, which I'm really liking so far, and moisturizing with the vitamin E gel afterwards, and I'm still washing my body with the Dove soap. Today is day 6, I thought everything was going fine, then I wake up today, and for the first time in about a month, I get two real pimples on my face! I also found a few on my back, and that hasn't been a problem for quite a while either. I find that particularly strange, since I haven't changed how I wash my body. I did some searching and I have discovered that vitamin E is "moderately comedogenic." Then again, I shaved yesterday for the first time in a long time and the pimples popped up around the same area. Or perhaps my skin is shocked by the change? I know it's pretty early to be freaking out, but what can I say? I'm just like that. :) I've also been losing a lot of sleep and not eating much lately! :lol: So if you've bothered to read this, I'd really appreciate your opinion on what I should be doing differently. I don't regularly stay up 24 hours at a time or starve myself, just so you know! ;)

Thank you!

hey.. have you tryed putting a little bit of benzoyl peroxide on the pimples? in most people it makes pimples go away real fast. it works good at preventing pimples also if you feel one comming!

also what really helps my skin is diet.. try eating some lettuce or somthing.. or carrots.. some vegetable. (if you dont already) :D

lots of raw carrots (or boileld/steamed) should help a lot

or any food rich in beta-carotene like broccoli

You could try cutting out the vitamin E oil for awhile and see what happens. If the breakouts continue then try cutting out the St. Ives. How is the weather where you are? Is it getting warm? Have you been outside playing sports or doing yardwork? If you are sweating more, that might explain the breakout on your back. Other than that I dont have any suggestions. Maybe someone else has some better input.

If you want to try something that will help your skin heal faster, you could try a Zinc supplement taken with a multi-vitamin that contains 2mg Copper. Zinc is very helpful in helping your body to heal faster. Also check out the board for scars/redmarks. You might find something helpful there too. I know alot of people use Aloe Vera but I havent tried it personally.

Good luck! Lorrie

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely try to eat more carrots! I just hope I don't turn orange... :cool: I don't know why I haven't tried cutting out the vitamin E gel already, that's a good idea! I hope it's not the problem though, because I'm really liking it as a moisturizer. Aloe Vera gel isn't all it's cracked up to be, in my experience. Now about the weather. It was really warm here for a while, what, with it being Spring and all. Then out of nowhere, we get snow! It's crazy. My back broke out the same day the snow started falling. Besides that, I'm not very active. I walk a fairly large distance everyday, but I don't sweat a lot. So the back breakout seems like a real mystery...

i dont like putting bp on my pimples anymore.I put it on two small non inflammed ones before and it made a part of my face that never breaks out, breakout in red inflammed pimples.But thats just me...i know a lot of people like using it for spot treatment.But i think im sticking with SA spot treatment

I've never tried BP and I never plan on doing so, I've heard too many horror stories! Thanks for your input. I really like SA too.