Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
manofperfection

how do you tell if you have Rosacea????

I just atrated accutane and my face is got pink.. nose and around the sides. not sure if its a burn or what. Kammi really scared the hell out of me with her posts. And now im super parniod im gonna get it.is there a way to tell if its a burn or Rosacea? help me please.

Jaymi does like to freak people out, I can tell you that much! :o If your face just got a little pink from Rosacea it's probably just fine. Facial redness isn't Rosacea. Rosacea is the flushing feeling that you get when turns your face red and has a painful or hot feel to it. A consistently red face could be something else or it could come from a history of Rosacea.

If I were you, I'd wait it out as it's probably nothing. Just remember to stay out of the sun while on Accutane or at least attempt to shield yourself completely from it if you do go out.

To be quite honest I believe taking Accutane during the summer is the worst time to take it. That's when I took it and I was very displeased.

did you get Rosacea from accutane too? Shit now im getteing scared. i dont think what i have rosacea but im really paraniod about it.

I do believe I got Rosacea from Accutane, but I of course can't be 100% sure of that. The fact is, if you have Rosacea there really isn't to much you can do about it. So the best thing to do is to wait out your course and see if this thing subsides. If it doesn't happen to diminish then I would go visit your local Dermatologist.

I highly doubt it's Rosacea so I wouldn't sweat it to much.

charchar, were u actually diagnosed with rosacea though? or is that just wat you think? b/c i got red and my face got warm after i used accutane...i've been off of it for about 45 days now but it is still red and i can flush very easily..my whole body especailly my face gets super warm..but only my cheeks/chin/jaw area get really red. my forehead stays the same

charchar, were u actually diagnosed with rosacea though? or is that just wat you think? b/c i got red and my face got warm after i used accutane...i've been off of it for about 45 days now but it is still red and i can flush very easily..my whole body especailly my face gets super warm..but only my cheeks/chin/jaw area get really red. my forehead stays the same

No I was not diagnosed with Rosacea. My last Derm visit I went to a new derm and I told him I believe I have Rosacea. He didn't think so, he thought it was Seb Derm. I believe that I probably do have Seb Derm but I'm not quite ready to treat it.

I have been researching Rosacea for quite some time now. I've spent many hours reading post and articles about Rosacea and in my own opinion I have what seems to be Erythematotelangiectactic Rosacea and Neuropathic Rosacea. It is indeed sometimes difficult to find a Dermatologist to properly diagnose someone with Rosacea and often times it can be mistaken with Seb Derm.

If you are worried about having Rosacea post Accutane then see a Dermatologist for a proper diagnosis. It's very difficult to diagnose someone over the internet without picture and specific questions regarding to what you feel and see.

The best of luck!

One reason i refuse to even consider Tane...even though i am no were near what is considered bad enough to deserver Tane in the first place...but the side effects possible are too great for me to even think twice about it if i was theoretically offered it.