Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
resurectionisneeded

Fraxel - improvments for shallow and deep

Hi all,

Im am getting a little worried as I have of late read people advising that they have had little to no improvment....

I am curious as to those who HAVE and HAVENT had improvments how deep were your scars.. and what type where they.

I just dont want to be thinking "im going to get no improvments" or "i am going to get lots" .. my scars are shallow for the most part and are rolling so im pretty sure ill get good results.. though I am very interested in hearing your thoughts.

thanks everyone.

Hi all,

Im am getting a little worried as I have of late read people advising that they have had little to no improvment....

I am curious as to those who HAVE and HAVENT had improvments how deep were your scars.. and what type where they.

I just dont want to be thinking "im going to get no improvments" or "i am going to get lots" .. my scars are shallow for the most part and are rolling so im pretty sure ill get good results.. though I am very interested in hearing your thoughts.

thanks everyone.

i know what you mean i am seriously condsidering this but after reading the threads i can't seem to come to a conclusion..is it effective or not?

I guess we aren't going to get any solid answers it really must just depend on the individual and depth of scarring but it's such a lot of money to gamble, it's like you just wanna hear everyone say 'yeah it works' whether it be 20% or 60% you know?

My basic rule of thought is that you're far more likely to hear about negative results on here than those who've had good results as the people on here are generally still looking for a cure. There have been loads of people getting fraxel treatments who've just disappeared off the board. It makes sense that since they've had good results they don't need to be in this fairly depressing place anymore and move on. I'd definately post if I had good results though. I feel I owe it to the place.

i've had two fraxel treatments so far.

i've seen subtle improvement. definately.

pores are way smaller, skin seems smoother......I will post a honest level of improvement once i finish my fourth treatment but for now i would say.....my rolling scars are slightly smoothing...one or two really shallow ones have vanished.......my icepicks scars are still there.......my worst scar (which is the one i go by for improvements mostly) i used to not be able to see the bottom of (if ya know what i mean).....now i can....so it seems to be rising slightly.......

i've only done two so its not really much of an account of the treatment yet.......but so far it seems promising.....though i get really frustrated and impatient waiting because my treatments are four weeks apart. My third one is mid April........

i like the improvements so far but i still have scarring and under harsh lights......well......not good....

after my 4th treatment (end of may) i'll probably post pics and then again 4-6 months later when you're suppose to see the full benefits........

i've been told 4 just isn't enough but my doctor seems to think i'll be happy.......my guess (just a guess) will be 4 isn't enough for even perfect skin but enough to knock the edge off and take away most of my scarring (but everyone's scarring is different).......

at 2 treatments i'd say it's not worth the money but at 4 treatments i can see that it might just be woth it........will have to wait and see.

i just want to be able to stand under any lighting and not feel self concious and ugly.....then i'll be happy.

thanks fraxel i am really pleased you're seeing results and after only two well that's great after reading some other posts! it's so helpful when people share be it good/bad experience. Glad it's good for you! :D

yeah definately CJ i agree no matter what treatment i do i will be posting results and if the day ever comes where i feel truly happy with my skin and level of improvement rest assured i will be on here giving all the advice and experience before i go trundling off with my backpack and ghd's to explore the world!!

I was skeptical about Fraxel. Went to 2 PS in Jan who both rec. Fraxel. So, I began 1/23/07 had 6 treatments-ended 3/13/07. I have had improvement. My excision scar, about 1" in length, and indented was being spot treated. 20-35mj, 125 density & approx. 5-6 passes for all 6. I can say it is smoother and not as deep, less noticeable, and a little easier to cover. The crevice/slash type scar I began with looks alot better, BUT-there is still work to be done. My PS rec doing plasma which I am having done in 6 days.

thanks fraxel i am really pleased you're seeing results and after only two well that's great after reading some other posts! it's so helpful when people share be it good/bad experience. Glad it's good for you! :D

yeah definately CJ i agree no matter what treatment i do i will be posting results and if the day ever comes where i feel truly happy with my skin and level of improvement rest assured i will be on here giving all the advice and experience before i go trundling off with my backpack and ghd's to explore the world!!

I was skeptical about Fraxel. Went to 2 PS in Jan who both rec. Fraxel. So, I began 1/23/07 had 6 treatments-ended 3/13/07. I have had improvement. My excision scar, about 1" in length, and indented was being spot treated. 20-35mj, 125 density & approx. 5-6 passes for all 6. I can say it is smoother and not as deep, less noticeable, and a little easier to cover. The crevice/slash type scar I began with looks alot better, BUT-there is still work to be done. My PS rec doing plasma which I am having done in 6 days.

thanks guys,

I was nodding my head when reading all your comments.

my sessions are also 4 weeks apart, thats the most painful part i think. for me in Aussie dollars it will cost me $485 per treatment - not to bad.

but having to wait is :(