Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you know when something so impossible is worth pursuing? When you see improvement but you still seem so far behind others. You weigh so much on this thing and neglect others.

How do you know when youre dooming your future? Destroying yourself by reaching for something unrelentlessly and impossible.

(I'm talking about being an artist)

Unrelated ive been pretty depressed lately. This girl I always thought was an option, as much as she was uninterested and I was mad about her, there always seemed a glimmer of hope.... Now she has a new boyfriend or something she seems quite happy with. I can't come back to this school next year I havent arranged for classes or housing and times up. (I didnt want to because I hated this school for academic reasons) I have no options and have to spend time back home out of college now probably.

please help me srslyuguyz

what it comes down to - is what else could you see yourself doing. and be happy doing.

your dreams and asspirations might seem far fetched, but if you weren't to follow them.. could you ever silence that niggling 'what if' at the back of your head.

i'll 2nd that. it's all about doing what makes you happy, and if you know what that is you're better off than some of us. nothing is unattainable, we just hold ourselves back... or we don't know what we want. but man, its a free, free world. if you want something, go get it.

i'll 2nd that. it's all about doing what makes you happy, and if you know what that is you're better off than some of us. nothing is unattainable, we just hold ourselves back... or we don't know what we want. but man, its a free, free world. if you want something, go get it.

heres the thing i would be happier selling paintings to galleries than working a blue collar job, but Id also enjoy that mundane type of labor as opposed to being homeless.

Is it worth the risk? I've known too many miserable unfulfilled adult artists, it seems a bit frightening, Im also alot more shortsited than them (them having gotten educational degrees or watnot) so I have that extra element of potential disaster

Go for the art. You have the talent. And if you don't you'll always wonder and it will drive you crazy, then you'll have a mid-life crisis and do it anyway. Right now you only have to take care of yourself. If it doesn't work, you can go to "the man", and if it does you're ream's come true. :D