Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crash

cyst from hell

so i got this cyst on the back of my neck. and it erks the cra* out of me. ive had it for about 18 months. i had a different one 2 inches from it, but i went to town on it one day and it exploded. it left a nice scar adn crater, but it wus hidden in my hair line so its not really noticeable. but the one i have now, sticks out like a red-headed step child. ive had people ask me wut it was, and why i didn't get it cut out. well i know its a cysts... either that or a twin brother i never knew i had. and i know cutting it out will leave a crater and a scar... is there any other ways to get rid of it? thx

injected with wut? ive had a cyst on my upper back i got injected with something... right before the doctor machetied that bad boy and opened the flood gates. i needed a small towel for that one

i only had one cortisone injection and the cyst was much smaller immediately after the shot. it was completely gone (except a left over red mark) within a couple days.

It depends how big it is. I would really think long and hard about whether or not you should have it injected. I had a cystic pimple that was injected with cortisone and now its four very noticeable dents

i had a cyst similar to this one once,but i went to town on it one day and it exploded white/red/black stuff. now its a crater. but its somewhere people wont notice. i dont think im gonna want to go to town on this one. a shot sounds nice. dont know if they can give me that here... ive had somone at work a few weeks ago ask me wen i was gonna get it cut out. he said when he see's it, he feels like gnawing at it and poping it... i just said id get it checked out wen i have time. so yea, its noticeable.

It depends how big it is. I would really think long and hard about whether or not you should have it injected. I had a cystic pimple that was injected with cortisone and now its four very noticeable dents

I had a huge cyst that appeared the night before a dermatologist appointment and I walked in and he goes "whoa! that one's just about as big as they get." (this did wonders for my self esteem)

Anyhow, the moral of the story is I hate needles/injections but it was such an embarrassing son of a gun glaring at the world from my chin that I consented to his suggestion to get the cortisone shot. It hurt a little bit but it reduced in size tremendously almost immediately afterwards. In the next couple days it was gone, no signs of a scar whatsoever. He didn't even mention scarring being a possibility...hmm. Maybe he's just that good.

There's my two cents! Get that sucker injected.

Do you usually go to a dermatologist? If you do, just schedule an appointment there and get that taken care of. Or maybe it's a walk-in thing..I've never personally done it.

oh, and your sarcasm made me smile, just thought I'd share that :P

Do you usually go to a dermatologist? If you do, just schedule an appointment there and get that taken care of. Or maybe it's a walk-in thing..I've never personally done it.

oh, and your sarcasm made me smile, just thought I'd share that :P

yes, you need to see a derm to get them injected.

four noticeable dents? could u explain a bit? would it be worse than cutting it out? cuz u end up with craters and huge scars if u cut it.

ok, ill try to fit it into my schedule and give the doc a call!! if they dont give me the shot, ill tell them this cyst makes me suicidal!! they'll definately give me the shot. that or put me ina white room... :o