Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

aloe vera is a lovely plant for you skin. my aunt has tons of aloe plants in her kitchen and thats how i discovered it. great for redness, good for scarring, excellent for the general tone of your skin. this is an all natural remedy that is gentle and helpful, it wont break you out. its also cheap as hell. fancy bottled gel is 5.99 and cvs generic is 2.99 for a big tube(at least where i live.) its even better to buy the actual plant. if u wanna buy the plant it will probably be like 6 dollars for a small one and 15$ for a big one. if u put the small one in a big pot it will grow. heres some directions to care for an aloe plant:

it needs a decent amount of sun, so keep it near the window.

dont grow it outside if u live in a cold place.

aloe is a succulent, to much watering can harm it, so water about every week and a half.

if u break of a stem and stick it in the dirt, another plant will grow!!

how to use: break off a stem and a type of clear gel will ooze out. apply this directly to a clean face and allow it too dry. you can put make up on if u want to.

note: aloe works best on bare skin, so if you are on the dkr like me and you need to deal with some redness/irritation, skip an application of bp once a week and replace it with aloe gel.

other uses: heals burns, helps scabs and scrapes to heal, erases razorburn ( specially useful for guys, my husband is now addicted to it) its a great hair product for acne prone people, works like a gel/leave-in conditioner, plus if ur hair touches ur skin it wont break you out.

i just wanted to post this info cuz i know their are millions of overpriced beauty products around. I hope this can save someone the bother and expense of searching for a ton of overpriced chemical crap when this plant is like an all purpose thing.

I read here that aloe vera is a good herb to apply to oil skin.

http://1stholistic.com/Beauty/skin/skin_oily_skin.htm

I also read that aloe vera can be drying which is good for me since I'm so oily. Was wondering if you noticed a decreased oilness with continued use of aloe vera? I personally started using the plant on my face recently.I've been using it on and off for my psoriasis but it really doesn't help. I haven't really noticed an effect on my pimples when I use it directly nor do I really notice any quick fading of redmarks. I hear it works miracles for some people. How long have you been useing it for your face. I'm using the reall plant btw which my mom grows outside.

Wouldn't it be kind of inconvenient if you happen to use up all the aloe vera gel from the plant after a while and it doesn't grow back fast enough?

Wouldn't it be kind of inconvenient if you happen to use up all the aloe vera gel from the plant after a while and it doesn't grow back fast enough?

You should plant other aloe vera for it to grow while you are using the other one. I have one that i use and three that are growing and waiting for me to use them :dance: .

You have to be very careful with the aloe because cientists say that it can be absorbed by the skin 10x faster than water and because of that it can absorb dirt too. So make sure that you have your skin and your hands clean.

I read here that aloe vera is a good herb to apply to oil skin.

http://1stholistic.com/Beauty/skin/skin_oily_skin.htm

I also read that aloe vera can be drying which is good for me since I'm so oily. Was wondering if you noticed a decreased oilness with continued use of aloe vera? I personally started using the plant on my face recently.I've been using it on and off for my psoriasis but it really doesn't help. I haven't really noticed an effect on my pimples when I use it directly nor do I really notice any quick fading of redmarks. I hear it works miracles for some people. How long have you been useing it for your face. I'm using the reall plant btw which my mom grows outside.