Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crownj

aloe vera

Hi there i was just wondering about aloe i heard a lot of people love using it but what exactly does it do to benefit your skin?? also i recently purchased an organically grown/harvested aloe but it contains less than 1% of citric acid,sodium benzonate, potassium sorbate and irish moss is it safe to use on my face? ie. comdogenic or not? i really want to make sure about these facts before i go putting it all on my face. a

any response will be greatly appreciated

Hi there i was just wondering about aloe i heard a lot of people love using it but what exactly does it do to benefit your skin?? also i recently purchased an organically grown/harvested aloe but it contains less than 1% of citric acid,sodium benzonate, potassium sorbate and irish moss is it safe to use on my face? ie. comdogenic or not? i really want to make sure about these facts before i go putting it all on my face. a

any response will be greatly appreciated

I'd try to find 100% aloe vera gel. Fruit of the Earth is a good one and CVS also has a generic brand.

a lot of people actually go out and buy an aloe plant. i guess they break off a piece and remove the juice, and apply that. it's a very appealing idea, and i plan to try it at some point. though i'm still not sure exactly where to get it, and just how you go about breaking things off, while preserving the actual plant... you know, all the fine print. :P but i would absolutely think that that's the best way to do it (rather than some processed chemical formula in a bottle, with preservatives, etc.) i mean, it's also the case for the food we eat: the sooner you eat raw produce after it's picked from the ground, the more you preserve the nutrients....

maybe someone could enlighten us about the ins and outs of the aloe plant thing? :think:

my derm told me it helps calm redness i think that means temporary redness not deep wounds like the red marks from acne that take a long time to heal

if i've attacked my skin and it has flushed red i use it to soothe and calm the redness as well as lightly moisturise it doesn't sink in and feel cloggy or irritate my acne

I've been using it twice and sometimes three times a day for about 2 months now. It calms down irritation, hence leading to less acne. Sadly, it won't do much for redmarks. It has great healing properties for all kinds of skin damage, but nothing great for redmarks... Why does nothing work great for redmarks???