Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nonchalant4U

Current moisturizer cant tackle new combo regimen.

To be more precise, I’ve been getting very dry, flaky skin ever since I added a *minor* amount of Vitamin B5 to my regimen (which includes minocyline and Dan Kern’s facial gel). It’s suggested that one should be taking 10+ grams of B5 a day, but I’ve been taking only 500mg-1G a day and have noticed a positive difference over a fairly lengthy timeframe (I can’t imagine how dry my skin would be with 10G!). I moisturize with Lac-Hydrin five, but it can’t get a hold of the dryness and I really don’t want to stop with the B5.

So I guess my question is, are there any better moisturizers out there? Maybe I should be using some sort of gentle exfoliate/moisturizer combo? Any ideas are appreciated

To be more precise, I’ve been getting very dry, flaky skin ever since I added a *minor* amount of Vitamin B5 to my regimen (which includes minocyline and Dan Kern’s facial gel). It’s suggested that one should be taking 10+ grams of B5 a day, but I’ve been taking only 500mg-1G a day and have noticed a positive difference over a fairly lengthy timeframe (I can’t imagine how dry my skin would be with 10G!). I moisturize with Lac-Hydrin five, but it can’t get a hold of the dryness and I really don’t want to stop with the B5.

So I guess my question is, are there any better moisturizers out there? Maybe I should be using some sort of gentle exfoliate/moisturizer combo? Any ideas are appreciated

yup, definitely gently exfoliate/moisturize

I have a question for you, how long have you been on b5 at those doses before you noticed a difference (getting dry skin). If it's a low dose it may be worth adding it in?

I've been on the B5 at that dose for about 6 weeks, and had the increased dryness develop about 4 weeks ago. I've heard the about the powerful moisturizing effect of Jojoba oil as well, and might try that either by itself or mixed with my moisturizer. Then perhaps an exfoliate if that doesn't totally work.