Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearatlast

BP helping control my blackheads

When I first started using BP on a regularly as the regimen states, my skin got very dry. At that time, I was also using mosterizer. After some experimenting, I found out I only need BP once a day, and my skin didn't get to dry from that, so I also stopped using moisterizer. But what I did find was that even with using BP once a day, my nose was still quite oily. This just happens to be where I get most of my blackheads. So I decided to use BP twice a day on my nose, and just once everywhere else. This seemed to help reduce the blackheads, so I went one step more. I bought some 5% BP and use that just on my nose, and use 2.5% BP everywhere else. This helped even more. I still do have some blackheads, but it's much better than before.

I think the only way to get rid of blackheads is to make your skin less oily. When I was on accutane, I rememeber not having any blackheads. So that nasty drying side-effect of BP can actually be a good thing. Just don't over do it.

When I first started using BP on a regularly as the regimen states, my skin got very dry. At that time, I was also using mosterizer. After some experimenting, I found out I only need BP once a day, and my skin didn't get to dry from that, so I also stopped using moisterizer. But what I did find was that even with using BP once a day, my nose was still quite oily. This just happens to be where I get most of my blackheads. So I decided to use BP twice a day on my nose, and just once everywhere else. This seemed to help reduce the blackheads, so I went one step more. I bought some 5% BP and use that just on my nose, and use 2.5% BP everywhere else. This helped even more. I still do have some blackheads, but it's much better than before.

I think the only way to get rid of blackheads is to make your skin less oily. When I was on accutane, I rememeber not having any blackheads. So that nasty drying side-effect of BP can actually be a good thing. Just don't over do it.

Drying skin is not good!When your skin is dry more sebum come out and clogge pores.You have to use moisturizer if your skin gets very dry.

BP is not the best cure for blackheads.SA and MA are so much better.

Drying skin is not good!When your skin is dry more sebum come out and clogge pores.You have to use moisturizer if your skin gets very dry.

I'm not saying you need to over dry your skin. I am saying you need to get rid of oily skin. Moisturizing skin that is already oily does not help. I only use extra BP on my nose and even then, it still is a little bit oily. But much better than before. And because of that, my blackheads are much less as well. Have you ever noticed that the only place you get blackheads are in the oily places of your body. At least that's the case for me. Doesn't take a genius to make the connection. I think spenting time trying to remove blackheads is a waste of time. They will only comeback if you have oily skin. You must get to the root of the problem.

BTW, I have tried SA. That dries my skin at first, but then my oil glands over compensates and the result is I have even more oil.

Actually, drying your skin out doe not increase oil gland production - your oil glands do not detect or respond to surface dryness on your skin.

And I'm not surprised that the BP is helping. While BHA's, AHA's, and retinoids are better at getting rid of these, BP does has a mild effect on clearing out pores and exfolating the skin's surface (especially higher % BPs). If is it working for you, just keep doing what you are doing!

Have you ever noticed that the only place you get blackheads are in the oily places of your body. At least that's the case for me. Doesn't take a genius to make the connection.

BTW, I have tried SA. That dries my skin at first, but then my oil glands over compensates and the result is I have even more oil.

No,not for me.Only my nose gets oily,but my cheeks are also covered with blackheads so i dont see connection.

Yes,SA dries skin and thats way i use moisturizer.My skin gets soft and blackheads gets softer too so they can come out easier.

I simply remove oil from my skin couple times during the day and it helps my alot.And blackheads wont come back if you will continue using medications.

Anyway,there is no point to argue,because all of us are different and nothing works the same on all of us.

BP can definitely help with blackheads, especially if they are mild.

Sorry Brandy but i dont think that guys with mild blackheads discuss here.On the other hand i hadnt tryed BP so i might be only guessing.