Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Undermine

B5, Just do it.

Enough of this crap. Enough regimens, enough listing the billion of topical products you put on your face.

Topical medication does not cure the problem, it only alleviates the symptoms. Much like taking NyQuil for a flu.

If you have not tried Vitamin B5, you are cheating yourself. If during the day take a sheet of paper or a thin napkin to your face, if there is any oil coming off, your body is simply producing too much oil, which in turn is causing your Acne.

I am not a Doctor, i'm just someone who had Acne for years, tried every freaking topical and laser treatment, been to countless Derm appointments, and then decided to try B5. BTW Lumiport = Fraud.

B5 is a water dispersant vitamin, which means if you take too much you simply piss it out. Don't hold me too this, but I don't think there are many side effects you can get for megadosing this vitamin.

You can research it quite easily. I suggest the time released capsules.

Week 1, take 4-5 pills a day Week 2 take 5-7 pills a day, Week 3, stop at about 6-7. Keep doing this until you see improvement then lower your dosage accordingly. Find what works for you.

I know how much you guys suffer every day because of this Acne bullshit, so for the sake of all the scamming products on the market I offer you one that could potentially be the cure, at least for you.

I am not making any advertisement or money from the creation of the post, I am not an evil person.

Ordered some on Thursday, hope its here soon. Im really desperate for it now as im getting pretty upset over my face right now!!

hi,

i think ppl should stay calm! i strongly suspect that b5 doesnt work for most ppl who try it.

if you've tried pretty much everything else that a dermatologist can prescribe then its probably worth a shot though.

in my experience it did make me produce less oil and did help my acne a bit. it wasn't a cure tho and i was never clear. i'm now on just 2g a day. i'll probably go down to 1g a day and leave it there. after a year taking 10g i think my liver needs a break!

anyway, best of luck,

tim

not noly that but it is horrible to megadose on anything besides when ppl were doing this there were numerous ppl who got clear stopped using it and there breakouts came back only worse. B5 is only a temporary fix once u stop megadosing things go back to the way they were, it isn't like Accutane which is liek 95% of the time permanent.

not noly that but it is horrible to megadose on anything besides when ppl were doing this there were numerous ppl who got clear stopped using it and there breakouts came back only worse. B5 is only a temporary fix once u stop megadosing things go back to the way they were, it isn't like Accutane which is liek 95% of the time permanent.

Sure its not like Accutane, I'd recommend going for Accutane first always, for some this isn't an option though. However as you say its not a "cure", but at least it works, unlike all the other rubbish out there that people spend thousands on. Just like most other things (Accutane being the exception, and the only one), if you stop it, acne will come back, thats not surprising and in line with everything else that treats only one aspect of acne.

Timmytim, not sure why you suspect it doesn't work for most people, when you acknowledge it did help your acne. It shouldn't affect your liver afaik, as its water soluble and not fat soluble, someone else can probably confirm that though as well. Naturally, like anything there are side effects people should be aware of. Most common one I think with megadosing B5 is possibility of some hair loss (worth reading up on that if worried for sure).

I'd also be interested in absorbtion rates of B5 when megadosing. With a number of vitamins (not fat soluble), you'll find a lot of it is actually wasted and not absorbed even.

Anyone, do please read up on the forums about megadosing first though, always should be prepared and wary whilst it works for a lot of people, there are possible side effects.

major fatigue from overdosing B5? that's weird considering B vitamins are very crucial for metabolizing macronutrients and B5 is one of the most important in that cycle

I take B5 and loads of other vitamins as a peace of mind thing. It makes me believe when I am taking them that it will stop acne, in truth you may get 9 spots a week instead of 10. It's not really a powerful drug.

I take B5 and loads of other vitamins as a peace of mind thing. It makes me believe when I am taking them that it will stop acne, in truth you may get 9 spots a week instead of 10. It's not really a powerful drug.

Again, depends how much you take.

Enough of this crap. Enough regimens, enough listing the billion of topical products you put on your face.

Topical medication does not cure the problem, it only alleviates the symptoms. Much like taking NyQuil for a flu.

If you have not tried Vitamin B5, you are cheating yourself. If during the day take a sheet of paper or a thin napkin to your face, if there is any oil coming off, your body is simply producing too much oil, which in turn is causing your Acne.

I am not a Doctor, i'm just someone who had Acne for years, tried every freaking topical and laser treatment, been to countless Derm appointments, and then decided to try B5. BTW Lumiport = Fraud.

B5 is a water dispersant vitamin, which means if you take too much you simply piss it out. Don't hold me too this, but I don't think there are many side effects you can get for megadosing this vitamin.

You can research it quite easily. I suggest the time released capsules.

Week 1, take 4-5 pills a day Week 2 take 5-7 pills a day, Week 3, stop at about 6-7. Keep doing this until you see improvement then lower your dosage accordingly. Find what works for you.

I know how much you guys suffer every day because of this Acne bullshit, so for the sake of all the scamming products on the market I offer you one that could potentially be the cure, at least for you.

I am not making any advertisement or money from the creation of the post, I am not an evil person.

Guys,

I'm sorry if this stuff doesn't work for everyone, but IT DOES WORK. Yes, the exact mechanism isn't understood, but the reality is that a lot of people see the same result and the effect (if it works for you) is PHENOMENAL. I don't mean an incremental improvement, it clears your skin completely.

If taken in a high enough dose, FOR MANY, B5 reduces sebum output to normal levels and your acne is gone. Yes, there are side effects... initially loose stool or gas. Compared to what acne sufferers feel, it is a small price to pay. There are people who post about EVERY treatment that "this is crap. it doesn't work". Bottom line is this stuff is as close to a cure as there is for SOME people. It is definitely worth a try. I'm SOOOO glad I did.

Sorry but something that reduces oil production should reduce oil production for anyone that takes it providing they take enough. I take 5 capsules daily(not in one go), and I still suffer with whitheads!

So what is a mega dose? I keep looking at it in the store but chicken out. The fish oil capsules help my oil production but I hate those things ..YUCK!

Sorry but something that reduces oil production should reduce oil production for anyone that takes it providing they take enough. I take 5 capsules daily(not in one go), and I still suffer with whitheads!