Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RoxyHart

Lookie lookie!

I thought i'd share this 1940's vintage maybelline ad with you girls. :razz:

If you can read the print, it's actually very funny! :lol:

And I just ADORE ADORE her "comma" eyebrows! I'm seriously thinking of letting my eyebrows grow out and having them waxed that way. :wub:

post-52309-1175547477_thumb.jpg

post-52309-1175547477_thumb.jpg

Yay! The image was approved!

I just LOVE her eyebrows!

I also wish I could figure out how to make my eyelashes look like that. :lol:

:lol: i love old ads. i just think everything about them is adorable. the phrasing, the punctuation, the images.... it gives you a glimpse into history, into what was popular and desired at the time. so cute. thanks for posting, ThereIsHope. :D

:lol: i love old ads. i just think everything about them is adorable. the phrasing, the punctuation, the images.... it gives you a glimpse into history, into what was popular and desired at the time. so cute. thanks for posting, ThereIsHope. :D

Oh I just love some of the old glamor looks! When my grandmother passed away, I found in her house a book copyright 1960 called "How to have Model Beauty Poise and Personality" by John Rober Powers

Some of the tips are outdated (like recomending dry cake foundation ). But alot of the book is about building confidence and "inner beauty". It's really facinating. One of the few books in my grandparents vast collection that I wanted. And the model's pictures are just awesome.

I didnt realise Maybelline was so old! We've only had it 10 yrs !!

she has got really lovely eyebrows!

I think women in the 1940's were sooo classically beautiful! *lucky*

and i love the poster!

i think they're way too over plucked and sperm shaped. natural is where it's at.

haha no, Mabelline has been around since the 1920's!

It was founded by a man who's sister was named "mabel". Mabel wanted to woo a certain gentlemen, so her brother formed the very first mascara to make her lashes longer so she could lure the gentlemen! :lol:

The very first marcara was basically a mixture of soot and vaseline. He then founded his own cosmetics company and named it Maybelline after his sister.

Two other brands that have been around for YEARS are Pond's and Revlon. I know pond's dates back to the early 1900's, and Revlon from at least the 1930's.

me too! the image is wonderful. i didnt know Maybelline was old back in those days! WOW! Thanks for that image ThereIsHope!

me too! the image is wonderful. i didnt know Maybelline was old back in those days! WOW! Thanks for that image ThereIsHope!

It's funny how advertisments were phrased back then, especially when they were meant to address a female audience! :) Hehe...

haha no, Mabelline has been around since the 1920's!

Two other brands that have been around for YEARS are Pond's and Revlon. I know pond's dates back to the early 1900's, and Revlon from at least the 1930's.