Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_MaGic_DuSt_

frastruated!!!(fraxel)

EVERY clinic that I've called that does Fraxel in my area... I've asked them to FAX me prices(individual, packages, etc.) but they wouldn't do that, they would just tell me the prices and would say for me to come for a consulation. I'm so frastruated, the problem is that my dad will be paying for it, so he says that he *needs* some type of written proof cos he doesn't want to be scammed, in case there are hidden fees, etc. I'm so frastruated and I don't know what to do, I feel like crying.

Someone please help me. How do you go about getting written agreements, etc.? :cry:

Did you tell the doctor office that your father needs something faxed so he will pay for this treatment?

Usually if you go to a reputable doctor (not some clinic or spa where the doctor doesn't even perform the treatment) you won't have a problem with them trying to scam you. The only thing I can think of that will cost extra is the products you will use on your face after treatment, like a mask or topicals to help with healing and moisture.

Maybe you can tell us where you are located and someone can refer you to a doctor they have been to. Make sure the doctor you choose has experience with the FRaxel laser so you get the best possible treatment for your problem.

Good luck.

Yes, I did, my dad even called, they wouldn't fax it. They tell us the prices verabally and say to come for a consulation.

I found all these doctors that do fraxel on fraxel.com.

How did your fraxel experience go... concerning payments, etc. was there an agreement?

well just tell him that i had it done by like the best doctor and i had to pay a little over $6000 for 4 fraxels

Yes, I did, my dad even called, they wouldn't fax it. They tell us the prices verabally and say to come for a consulation.

I found all these doctors that do fraxel on fraxel.com.

How did your fraxel experience go... concerning payments, etc. was there an agreement?

You'll never get anything on paper. There are no hidden costs, don't worry about it. In fact, my doctor considers my fraxel payment as a full package deal. That is, he will give me a handful of samples of lotions and stuff rather than make me pay for a prescription to help with the recovery.

I'm not saying this is a sure things for you, but there won't be any random hidden costs.

Guest sm_oore

Hey Magic Dust. I hear that the prices range depending on where you live also. I live in Southern California and have been to about five consultations already. All the consultations that i have been to were free with pretty well known Drs.

Just look around and see if you can get free consultations. I usually email a place that i want to have a consult. asking prices and making sure the consult. is free.

My parents are also paying for my treatments and i usually have my dad go with me. I think its probably better to have a parent or someone realistic come with you when you go to a consult. cuz some of these Drs. are trying to sell you on it. Maybe thats why they're not faxing you any prices? Maybe they think you're comparing prices? :think:

Through all 5 i have been to only one Dr. has actually written down any prices. Most of them have to look at you and then usually give you a verbal quote. Some are as low as $600 all the way to $1,000 for partial area, full face treatment might by anywhere around $900+ and thats just the places that i have been.

It depends on where you go and its good to shop around, every Dr. has a different price. Maybe ask your dad to go with you. Your Dad might ask some realistic Q's and even get them to write out a quote. Plus, you'll be surprised how many Q's you forget to ask, you might need an extra person to ask the Q's you'll forget.

Wow. I'll let you go now.

Hoped this Helped.

Good Luck

Thanks guys!

I'm not worrying about hidden costs/scams... my dad is, obviously, cos it's his money and he doesn't want to be throwing +$3,000 at doctors without any type of agreements, etc. I mean, we're talking about THOUSANDS of dollars here, not 20$.

My dad doesn't live with me at the moment nor is he anywhere near :(, I'm almost 20, so I have to go in by myself.

What kind of questions should I ask at the consulation? Cos I can write them all down, then bring that piece of paper with me and interegate the doc. :P

Well if your dad can't go with you to the consultation I doubt you will get any doctor to write down or fax you any prices/ fee without even seeing you. You have to go in for a consult.

My doctor charges $1000 for full face or 5 treatments for $4000. I did the package deal on my credit card, got my receipt and that was it. I did buy some topicals for cash but I don't think you have anything to worry about as long as you get a receipt saying you paid for a package deal if you do it like that otherwise you just go in, get the treatment done and then pay on your way out the door.

[What kind of questions should I ask at the consulation? Cos I can write them all down, then bring that piece of paper with me and interegate the doc. :P

I personally would only choose a place that treats acne scars at 40mj and higher, uses numbing cream (mandatory), a cooling fan (mandatory), and pain meds (optional).

One place I visited wanted to treat me at 20 mj working up to 40 mj, a treatment plan which is too conservative for acne scarring.

To add to fraxel's list, I would ask the Fraxel nurse (or doctor, if you're lucky):

- how much the post-laser topicals cost (ranges from free to $50 to $250)

- how much Sinecch (anti-swelling herbal supplement) costs

- how much SilkPeel and Smoothbeam cost, as you might need these to prevent and control post-Fraxel breakouts

Thanks!

I did my reasearch so I know pretty much the answer to 90% of those questions, do I still ask them?

And I'm going for a consulation soon.

Thanks!

I did my reasearch so I know pretty much the answer to 90% of those questions, do I still ask them?

And I'm going for a consulation soon.

You should ask the medical-related questions of your doctor to make sure he/she knows what he's doing.

(btw, I mentioned asking prices of things such as SilkPeel bc I've found that some places give SilkPeels for Fraxel patients for free and others charge between $100 to $200 for it.

Some places also give discounts to Fraxel patients for Smoothbeam. So after you decide the Fraxel dr or nurse is competent, it's good to know these things bc they can add up.)

thanks everyone for all this info!!

i don't think i'd do smoothbeam after as well, i don't see a reason to, even if they give discounts on it, UNLESS it's free. :)

Yeah, it might not be necessary for you. I'm going to schedule SilkPeels and Smoothbeams between Fraxels to prevent post-Fraxel breakouts.

everyone gets break outs? or just some?

Luckily, I've never had a post Fraxel breakout. I wonder how much of it has to with the kind of lotion and sunscreen they are using. I've been using Neutrogena sensitive skin moisturizer and Neutrogena Healthy Defense sunscreen. I haven't had a breakout since I started my Fraxel treatments back in February (which is the longest I've gone in my life without breaking out). Another reason may be that I don't use any makeup for at least 4 days after Fraxel.

everyone gets break outs? or just some?

Luckily, I've never had a post Fraxel breakout. I wonder how much of it has to with the kind of lotion and sunscreen they are using. I've been using Neutrogena sensitive skin moisturizer and Neutrogena Healthy Defense sunscreen. I haven't had a breakout since I started my Fraxel treatments back in February (which is the longest I've gone in my life without breaking out). Another reason may be that I don't use any makeup for at least 4 days after Fraxel.

I have had very, very minor breakouts in the form of comedones -- nothing inflamed.

I only applied Bionect post-laser/burn topical, post-laser topicals and cleanser--no makeup until day 6 after my Fraxel, and I still had milia all over my chin and also some on my forehead. Strangely enough those are places that were very clear before Fraxel. I do have oily skin though and ate a lot of junk food the weekend before Fraxel, so that might've made the difference.

Luckily the post-Fraxel milia went away on day 5, but the ones on my chin left the skin blotchy in color. I had a SilkPeel (a type of microdermabrasion infused with salicylic acid and hydroquinone) today, to correct the discoloration on my chin.

Most people probably don't get milia, but my derm office says many experience it bc Fraxels swells up the sebaceous glands. I hadn't thought to ask about pricing for SilkPeel and Smoothbeam, and I regret this, bc all these procedures contribute to the total cost of Fraxel.

Yup, I have milia on my face from the Fraxel......so now my face looks like I have about 15 little bumps all over it :( I'm going back to the doctor in 2 weeks to talk to him about it.